The Saint returns, Tulip and Cassidy find out about Jesse's dealings with the Grail and Eugene and Hitler proceed with their plan to break out of hell.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: When Jesse is about to be scalped by the Saint, he makes a desperate attempt to appeal to his humanity.
- And Then What?: Jesse is sadly unable to answer Tulip's and Cassidy's questions what will become of them after Jesse becomes the Messiah.
- Broken Pedestal: Eugene realizes that Tracy Loach was incredibly selfish and attention-seeking.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Eugene also confronts his a projection of his father about the way he was treated despite being only a kid.
- Curbstomp Battle: Jesse and friends stand no chance against the Saint, even without his magical weapons.
- Despair Event Horizon: Losing his family made the Saint abandon all efforts to change himself.
- HeelFace Door-Slam: His wife convinced the Saint to change his ways, but after his attempted kindness got her and his daughter indirectly killed, the Saint brutally abandoned the effort.
- Internal Reveal: Tulip and Cassidy find out about Jesse's dealings with the Grail.
- One Degree of Separation: On his way out of Hell, Eugene passes over the Saint's cell.
- Shout-Out: The Saint is named William, in reference to William Munny of Unforgiven whose backstory inspired the Saint's.
- Title Drop: Said by Jesse in a flashback to his last encounter with the Saint, and by the preacher in the flashback to the Saint's baptism.
- Villainous Rescue: Mannering, on Herr Star's orders, takes William (The Saint) back with her to Hell, just in time before the latter scalps Jesse.
- Wham Episode:
- Jesse breaks with Tullip and Cassidy and agrees to become the Grail's Messiah.
- Eugene is breaking out of hell after confronting his traumas about Tracy Loach's suicide, being molested as a child by Pedro the Prairie Dog, and his father's treatment.