- Big Damn Kiss: Jesse uses the Word of God to invoke this with Tulip. He succeeds, but gets punched in the nose for it.Tulip: Never do that again.
- Brick Joke: Pedro the Prairie Dog and Chief Red Savage glance at each other while waiting for Jesse.
- Cassidy is still trying to convince people that The Big Lebowski is a terrible movie. Cue Tulip asking everyone in a diner if they like the movie and getting a jovial cheer in response.
- Call-Back: Twice, about the same thing. When Jesse tries to get Fiore and DeBlanc's phone to work, someone in the church tells Jesse to try shooting its dick off, much to Clyde's unamusement. Later, he asks God to reattach his penis.
- Driven to Suicide: Pedro and Chief Red Savage finally come to a mutual agreement and hang themselves together.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Discovering God is real but has disappeared is enough to do this to all of Annville, everyone giving into despair of insanity. Quincannon in particular is last seen cradling a child-sized doll made of raw meat that he's dressed up in his dead daughter's clothes.
- Have You Seen My God?: The Reveal is that He has gone missing.
- HeelFace Turn: Donnie becomes Jesse's ally willingly after realizing that he was almost a murderer while he was angry at Jesse.
- Hope Spot: Odin asks God if his daughter is in Heaven with Him. God's affirmation brings Odin relief and joy. Unfortunately, the truth comes hard and Odin has completely snapped by the end of the episode.
- Kill 'Em All: The entirety of Annville is blown to hell when its Methane-Electro Reactor fails to be maintained and goes up.
- Mercy Kill: Terri Loach tearfully smothers Tracy to death... while her son takes a selfie of the act.
- Mythology Gag: Much like in the comics, the entire population of Annville comes to Jesse's sermon out of curiosity due to recent events and are killed in a massive explosion.
- The Reveal: God is missing.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Upon discovering that God has abandoned Heaven, Jesse calmly leaves town with Tulip and Cassidy to get lunch.
- Spotting the Thread: When Root looks over Cassidy's record via fingerprints, he sees how the man has arrests stretching back to the 1920s. This, combined with the sunglasses and the hat, means Root has to accept the reality of what Cassidy is.
- Status Quo Is God: Averted and attempted. Emily attempts to assure her children that things will not change despite what had happened. Unfortunately for her, everyone else in town has either gone nuts, killed themselves, or just stopped caring about anything altogether. Then everybody dies in a massive methane explosion.
- Trash the Set: God being missing is apparently enough to get some Annville citizens to be pissed enough to tear apart the church, including Quincannon. And when the methane plant explodes and destroys the town, the camera's focus is on the shockwave obliterating the church.
- Wham Episode: God turns out to be missing and Annville is destroyed in the wake of the revelation via giant methane explosion with no survivors.
Recap / Preacher S 1 E 10 Calland Response