The Rangers' plans to go trick-or-treating are interrupted when they're attacked by Versix and the six Gruesome Grunts (Fangore, Jabberon, Stabberous, Shelldax, Plasmora and Ackshun), a band of monsters unassociated with Odius. Versix switches the two groups' bodies, and the monsterized Rangers are taken away to be tried in the Halloween Intergalactic Court. Fortunately, Brody and Sarah escape and, with Mick and Redbot's help, expose the Gruesome Grunts' trick, allowing the Court to destroy them. The Rangers then go after Versix, and destroy him before resuming their trick-or-treating.
Tropes in this episode:
- Absentee Actor: Victor, Monty and Madame Odius' entire faction are off-screen this episode.
- Cassandra Truth: The judges dont believe the body-swapped rangers until a disguised Mick confesses to the deed.
- Clip Show: While trying to prove their innocence, the show cuts to scenes of past episodes like Brody and Mick escaping with the Ninja Nexus Prism and each Ranger getting their star.
- Engineered Public Confession: Mick disguises himself as Versix and confesses to having pulled the body switching.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: The Gruesome Grunts do this to the Rangers.
- Halloween Episode: The second one for the series.
- Prop Recycling: Three of the Gruesome Grunts use monster suits from past seasons.
- Ackshun uses the suit for Debo Kantokku from Kyoryuger (which went unused in Power Rangers Dino Charge).
- Plasmora uses the suit for Phantom Spy Vancuria/Necrolai from Magiranger and Mystic Force.
- Shelldax uses the suit for Sanyo/General Snapper from Gekiranger and Jungle Fury.
- Sizeshifter: Versix can make himself grow into a giant with his own powers.
- Something Only They Would Say: Mick is convinced of the truth when Brody and Sarah tell him some personal information.
- Zerg Rush: Since Versix breaks apart the Ultra Megazord, they use all their individual Zords to take him down.