To get her hands on the Astro Megaship, Astronema brainwashes the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for her plan.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: The turtles in Next Mutation are generally more friendly here compared to how they act in their own show. In Next Mutation, they have a huge case of Bystander Syndrome, Leo even stating that vampires are "a human problem", and they even seem to hate each other at times and come off as sexist to their new member. Here, they get along just fine with each other and humans.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: The Ninja Turtles laugh at Astronema when she tries to enlist them to fight the Rangers, because they don't believe the Power Rangers are real.note The Rangers don't believe the Turtles exist until they meet them either.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: The Ninja Turtles have no problem flying on the Galaxy Gliders without any form of protection over their bodies.
- Big Damn Heroes: The villains stage this so that the Turtles can look good to the Rangers. The Turtles do it for real during the climax.
- Brainwashed: Astronema does this to the five Turtles. Passing through the polarized magnetic field snaps them out of it, though.
- Crossover: With Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.
- Faeries Don't Believe in Humans, Either: The Rangers and Ninja Turtles each originally dismissed the other as an urban legend.
- Heel–Face Brainwashing: The mind-controlled Donnie reprograms D.E.C.A. to obey Astronema's orders.D.E.C.A.: I've been certified turtified!
- Mythology Gag: The Ninja Turtles express certainty that the Rangers are just comic book characters.
- Only Sane Man: Andros is the only ranger to have suspicions regarding the TMNTs rescuing them. He also questions all of Donatello's asking the others about the Megaship's inner workings before he rewires D.E.C.A. into obeying Astronema.
- Totally Radical: All of the turtles to an extent and poor D.E.C.A. becomes this way after Donnie rewires one of her terminals.
- You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!: Astronema towards Raphael after he claims that the Power Rangers are make-belief. She blasts them into following her command when Raph and Leonardo blow her off.