Japanese Title: Harimaron VS Mahoxy! A Diet Battle!?
Original Airdate: February 6, 2014
US Airdate: April 26, 2014
Clemont's Chespin has been overeating and putting on too much weight, hindering its ability to battle. While Clemont is trying to figure out a way to get Chespin back in shape, Chespin sleepwalks towards a delicious smell, but Clemont thinks he upset it and it ran away. Chespin arrives at the doorstop of an old couple while our heroes look for it.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Balloon Belly: A consequence of Chespin's eating binge.
- Big Eater: Chespin, to the point where it finally slows it down way too much.
- *Crack!* "Oh, My Back!": The old man suffers this when ordering his Delphox to use Mystical Fire, ending the battle.
- Curbstomp Battle: Due to Chespin's overeating, it's severely slowed down by its weight gain so it can barely battle. Ash's Froakie and even Bonnie's Dedenne beat it with no trouble!
- Chespin's fight with the Delphox is also absolutely disastrous, since not only it is still fat but goes against a fully-evolved Pokémon who has the type advantage over it.
- Whip It Good: Chespin learns Vine Whip in this episode.