Original Title: Goodbye Rocket-dan! Love of Nyarth!?
Original Airdate: May 27, 2010
US Airdate: October 23, 2010
When Team Rocket get blasted off from their latest battle with the twerps, they get separated from Meowth, who is found by another trainer and her Glameow. After they fix him up, he and Glameow fall in love, and Meowth is willing to go to any length to stay with her...even if it means battling his Team Rocket comrades.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Batman Gambit: Meowth convinces Jessie and James to kidnap Glameow, then uses that to run off with Glameow instead.
- Enemy Mine: Jessie and James recruit the twerps to help get Meowth back.
- Heartbroken Badass: Meowth changes his tune real fast when Glameow evolves into Purugly, and suddenly becomes very domineering.
- Karma Houdini: Glameow willingly eloped with Meowth and after evolving, turned into an abusive bully towards him. Meowth is blamed for using her and takes a beating, while Purugly gets no repercussions for ditching Mamie (for extra insult she helps administer the beating). One has to wonder how Mamie will get along with her Pokemon and it's new found personality.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: To make apparent Meowth's power boost has long gone, Ash and Jessie return the Curbstomp Battle while he lies heartbroken, then Mamie blasts him off for all the trouble he caused.
- Mythology Gag: Sort of. When Glameow evolves, it starts abusing Meowth over demands for a sandwich. Glameow (but not Purugly) is noted in Pokedex entries to turn violent if not fed.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Even though Team Rocket helped get Glameow/Purugly back, Purugly still blasts them off for kidnapping her in the first place.
- The Power of Love: Meowth and his "Fury Swipes of Love" end up curb-stomping all of Jessie's, James's, Ash's, and Dawn's pokémon.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Meowth was willing to leave Team Rocket, and even wrote Jessie and James a "Dear John" Letter to that effect, to pursue a relationship with Glameow. Being that Status Quo Is God, however, it doesn't even make it out of this episode.
- That Didn't Happen: After Glameow evolves, Meowth loses interest and coyly informs Mamie it's better to just forget the whole eloping thing ever occurred. Mamie responds by looking up Purugly's most powerful move to blast him off with.
- Took a Level in Badass: A temporary case for Meowth, who through The Power of Love, manages to decimate five Pokemon with just a few Fury Swipes (including Ash's Infernape and Dawn's Togekiss). When the romantic streak ends however, so does this power boost.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After Glameow evolves into Purugly, she abuses Meowth and begins giving orders (abiding by his translations anyway). Meowth laments that even blasting off was better than being henpecked by her.
- Woman Scorned: When Meowth tries to break it off with Purugly, she blasts him off with a Hyper Beam.