The Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Saga is the thirteen saga of the Pokémon Adventures manga. It ran for 22 chapters.
Short summaryLoosely based on the events of the Delta Episode in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and set around the same time as HeartGold & SoulSilver, the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire saga follows Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald as they try to learn the secrets of Mega Evolution to prevent the world from being struck by an incoming meteoroid.
This saga contains the following tropes:
- The Bus Came Back: Red and Green, who haven't been seen since the Emerald saga, return to help stop the meteoroid.
- It turns out that Zinnia's Salamence was the same Salamence that attacked Ruby and Sapphire during their childhood.
- There were two Deoxys mentioned in the FRLG chapters although only one was made prominent. The one that Sird mentioned was disposed of appears after the Grand Delta Meteor is destroyed.
- The Cameo: Gold, Silver, and Crystal appear on video when Emerald contacts them requesting assistance from Kanto and Johto to help stop the meteoroid.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Primal Groudon overwhelms Red and Green by smashing them under a pile of rubble.
- Enemy Mine: Giovanni, who is leader of Team Rocket, works together with Red, Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Blaise, and Amber to stop the incoming meteoroid from destroying the world.
- Interquel: This saga takes place around the same time as that of HeartGold & SoulSilver, but before Diamond & Pearl.
- Took a Level in Badass: At some point before the start of the saga, Red, Green, Giovanni, Ruby, Archie, and Maxie acquired the ability to perform Mega Evolution. Sapphire and Emerald master it around the same time Ruby finishes his battle with Zinnia.