"Brinky" is the eleventh episode of the second season of Pinky and the Brain.
As part of a new scheme, Brain decides to clone himself and make thousands of him, with all of them working towards taking over taking over the world. However, the creation of the prototype goes awry when one of Pinky's nail clippings gets into the cloning machine. With Brain treating it as an experiment while Pinky sees it as their son, the clone, Roman Numeral One, eventually develops his own personality and runs away.
- Baby's First Words: The Brain tries to get Roman Numeral One to speak and is confused at why he is not speaking in Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness due to being a clone of him (not realizing that Pinky interfered with the cloning process). He tries to teach Roman to say "neurofibromatosis", but Roman says "Narf!" instead.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Brain tells Pinky that Roman is a product of their combined DNA, he asks Pinky if he knows what that means. Rather than seeing that Brain's plan is messed up, Pinky realizes he's a mother.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Most of the dialogue during the cloning process is scripted like an actual birth: for example, when the door on the cloning machine won't close (which is the reason Pinky's DNA is even in there), The Brain tells Pinky to help him "push", complete with Pinky doing Lamaze breathing.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!:
- Getting Crap Past the Radar:
- After Brain realizes that Pinky is technically the clone's mother, Pinky goes to a phone and asks the operator for the number of "The La Leche League". La Leche League International is a non-profit organization that promotes breastfeeding.
- Then there's the ending:Pinky: Why Brain? What are we going to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the world!
Pinky: Oh, not tonight, Brain... I have a headache!
- I Have No Son!: Parodied. When Roman abandons Brain's goal and leaves the lab, Brain claims he "has no clone". After the commercial break, however, he's surprisingly worried about Roman.
- Interspecies Romance: Much to Brain's shock, Roman ends up dating a human woman named Pat.
- Let's Have Another Baby: Pinky at the end.
- Like an Old Married Couple: Pinky and Brain act like bickering parents in regards to Romy.
- Me's a Crowd: Brain's plan is to have an army of clones of himself to take over the world.
- Not Really a Birth Scene: How the scene with the cloning machine is played.
- Rule of Three: When Brain's attempts at educating Romy yield no resultsPinky: Well perhaps if you started with something less taxing to [Romy's] little brain, Brain... Brain.
- Say My Name: Upon learning Pinky's DNA ended up contaminating the experiment, along with seeing Roman sprout familiar buck teeth, a furious Brain shouts "PINKY!".
- Romy does a double one in this line.
- When Romy steps over to a bar, he tells the barkeep, "Hey, Don McLean. The levee is dry."
- The scene where Brain discovers what went wrong with Roman's creation is similar to The Fly (1986) when Seth Brundle realizes he's merged with a fly, complete with Brain saying the iconic "Be afraid. Be very afraid" when he sees that the foreign DNA came from Pinky. In addition, the cloning machine resembled a pair of teleporters.
- You Are Number 6: Brain calls his clone Roman Numeral One, as he's supposed to be the first of a clone army. Pinky insists on calling him Romy instead.