Peg and Cat are at the mall with the Teens and Connie, who is shopping for clothes for Peg. She wants to get rid of Peg's hat, but Peg refuses. Peg and Cat are excited that they are having a dance contest, but doesn't know where it is. Cat discovers a map of the mall and the Teens get distracted and go off in separate ways, Tessa and Mora to buy trapezoid-shaped bags, and Jessie to the food court because he got a strange hankering for something pink and circular. Ramone arrives, with a plate of green frozen yogurts he's selling, and Peg asks his advice. He advises them to look for the attributes of what the Teens are looking for, defining the word "attribute".
They set off and Connie has bought Peg a frilly dress that she thinks looks ridiculous. They find the female Teens and Connie buys Peg some high-heels and a bow.
They leave, and search the food court. They then find Jessie, eating a "cotton-candy burger". With everybody there, they try to use the map again, but it's broken, which sparks Peg's "total freak-out". She then sees Cat licking the screen (because he saw a picture of a frozen yogurt on it) and then reasons that since the frozen yogurt hasn't melted, the dance floor must be near the frozen yogurt store. They then sing a song about attributes and win the dance contest.
This episode provides examples of...
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: The pirates' parrot can be seen wearing her pirate hat.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: During the attribute song, they cannot figure out if Cat is bluish-purple or purplish-blue.
- Catchphrase: While Ramone appears in this episode without saying, "I do what I can", Peg does say "big problem" and "totally freaking out".
- A Dog Named "Dog": Cat and briefly the Pig are seen.
- Dressed to Plunder: The Pirates are briefly seen wearing their pirate costumes.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Pig usually goes naked, but in this episode he's seen wearing a suit.
- Funny Animal: Downplayed for Cat, who has some human and some cat traits, and played straight for the Pig, who, in this episode and all others, acts like a (pretty eccentric) human.
- Large Ham: Peg is very dramatic, especially during her worried moments when she talks about not being able to dance.
- Limited Wardrobe:
- Connie's floral dress is considered an "attribute" she wears it so much.
- Peg doesn't want to wear a different outfit because she says it's "just not her".
- The Mall: As the title suggests, this episode takes place at the mall.
- Pirate: The four pirates play a minor role in this episode.
- Pun: When Peg and Cat are counting parts of the dress Peg hates, she says she's going to be "six" instead of sick.
- Serious Business: Peg repeatedly says dramatically that if she's late, she'll "never be able to do this!" followed by doing a little dance.
- Signature Laugh: Cat doesn't do his laugh during the theme like usual, but he does do it in the episode proper.
- Totally Radical: The Teens, and to a lesser extent Peg, talk in jive slang. Notably, Jessie sings, "So everything is awesomesauce" instead of "awesome".
- Wacky Cravings: Inverted when Jessie, a non-pregnant boy, gets a wacky craving. Namely, a craving for something pink and circular.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Mora does.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Tessa's hair is lilac.