Peg, Cat, and Ramone are working at the restaurant with Mac. The Neighbor Ladies, the Teens, and the Pirates are waiting for a new honey cake. The cake is ready, they just need to put honey on it, so Peg and Cat are sent out to fetch a bucket of honey. Their way of getting honey is to dance for the bees, who will then turn a tap, filling the bucket. They get it, but Cat drops and spills it on the first go, leading to a brief discussion about how the weight of the bucket changes as it's filled.
When they get back, another cake has been made for the 100 chickens, so Peg and Cat are sent out with a heavier wooden bucket. They have to dance more passionately, but they get the honey. However, when they get back, a third honey cake has to be made for the Giants.
Peg and Cat entertain the customers with the bee dance while Ramone makes a machine that sends out a third bucket (made of metal and the heaviest one) to send out. Peg and Cat still need to dance for the bees, but the rest is automatic. While trying to swat a fly, Cat accidentally presses some buttons on the machine which make it put the other two buckets outside instead of bringing the metal one in. It then picks Peg, Cat, and Ramone up and carries them around the dining area.
After it takes them back into the kitchen, Ramone decides to have Peg and Cat operate the machine and explains about its three clamps: the larger the clamp, the heavier the bucket it picks up. Peg and Cat go outside but they can't remember which buckets are heavier, so Peg freaks out. Luckily, she sees Cat trying to lift the plastic bucket and has an idea: figure out which buckets are heavier by picking them up. This works, the cakes are made, and Ramone sings about the weight of different objects.
This episode provides examples of
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal:
- The parrot is wearing her usual pirate hat.
- Pig can briefly be seen in his sunglasses.
- Artistic License Biology: The bees have four legs, and they actually say, "buzz" instead of buzzing.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption: Peg says, "They should forget about the—", and then the customers start chanting, "Honey cake! Honey cake!".
- Catchphrase: Peg says her 'totally freaking out' catchphrase, and Ramone says his 'I do what I can' catchphrase. Notably, he says his in song in this episode.
- Chewing the Scenery: The characters are so excited and hungry that they, even the relatively grounded ones, are chanting, "Honey cake! Honey cake!".
- Dressed to Plunder: The pirates, in their usual pirate garb, feature.
- Does Not Like Shoes: The giants, who always go barefoot, feature.
- Pun: Peg and especially Cat make a few bee or honey-related puns (for example, a "sticky" situation).
- Our Giants Are Bigger: The Giants play a supporting role.
- Talk Like a Pirate: When the customers are making up their own lyrics to sing to the bee dance, the pirates sing, "Yo-ho, yo-ho, arr, arr!".
- Tempting Fate:
- Cat says that he will be able to carry the bucket of honey, then spills it.
- Peg tries to say that the customers will forget the cake, but they remember it before she's even finished talking.
- Totally Radical: Peg says, "totally freaking out" like normal and the teens say, "OMG" when singing to the bee dance.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: The blue-haired giants and the purple-haired Tessa feature.