Dylan realizes that Dolly snuck out on the eponymous Boom Night and that Dorothy followed her, prompting him to venture out to find them.
This episode features examples of:
- Astonishingly Appropriate Interruption: Dylan does this to himself when he's searching for Dolly to tell her Dorothy is gone, only to find that Dolly herself is gone too.Dylan: Dolly! Where are you?! We have... [sees the door open, screams] A situation!
- Continuity Nod: At one point during the montage where Dylan and Dolly are searching for Dorothy, the silhouettes of Mr. Fuzzy and the vendor from "A Dog's Best Friend" can be seen.
- Cowardly Lion: Dylan. Despite being terrified of the titular night, he doesn't hesitate to set out and find Dolly and Dorothy when it appears they've left the house.
- Lock-and-Load Montage: Dylan has a short one putting on his anti-explosion armour.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Dylan and Dolly indulge in this, each mocking the other for their choice of "protective gear" (a bunch of tennis balls for Dolly, and paint cans, tin foil, and a colander for Dylan).Dylan: I'm sorry. I didn't know we were playing tennis this evening.
Dolly: And you don't look at all like a giant can of dog food!
- Talking to Themself: Dylan does this when he realises that Dolly and Dorothy have gone out and that he needs to find them.Dylan: I've got to find them, but I'm not supposed to go out on... BOOM NIGHT! Okay, get it together! I am an invincible warrior of the burning night! NO, DYLAN! NO! You'll get smashed to smithereens! Shut up, Dylan! Right... I need body armour!
- Tempting Fate: Before meeting Fergus and his crew at the boat, Dolly tells herself to "Stay cool." She promptly trips and bounces down in a very uncool fashion.