K.O. brings Dendy along for a hero mission in order to cheer her up.
- Big Shadow, Little Creature: When the tunneling villain emerges in a cloud of dust, the shadow of him resembles Big Bull Demon. As the dust clears, it's revealed to be his nephew Little Calf Demon.
- Disappointed by the Motive: Little Calf Demon's motive for attacking the power plant? It got in the way of his tunneling and he was ramming it out of frustration. Dendy outright calls the motive inane.
- Foreshadowing: While exploring the tunnels, Dendy appears to glitch slightly in one scene, a hint that she's really a holographic clone like the ones she later uses against Little Calf Demon.
- Projected Man: Dendy uses holographic copies of herself to help navigate the tunnels, then to confuse Little Calf Demon
- The Reveal: Dendy reveals to K.O. the reason she had been wearing a beret: to hide the Kappa pond on the top of her head, a sign that she's growing up.
- Scooby-Dooby Doors: Dendy trying to navigate Little Calf Demon's tunnels leads to her popping out of random holes. Crinkly-Wrinkly appears in one of them for some reason.
- Stress-Induced Mental Voices: After seeing K.O. get dragged down by Little Calf Demon and wondering what to do next, she hears the voices of her classmates making fun of her before, as images of them float around her. When Dendy dives in after K.O., the floating images stay behind and decide to pass the time playing with their POW cards.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: The kids don't believe Dendy is part of K.O.'s team, since she's not good at fighting. She explains that she helps with logistics and tech, which the other kids make fun of.