Mr. Gar and Carol fight a villain from their past.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Gar's fumbling attempt to confess his love for Carol saves them both from meeting Laserblast's fate.
- Bullet Time: Carol pushing Mr. Gar out of the way of an energy blast takes up most of the episode's running time.
- De-Power: The red orb weapon can strip someone of their powers. Greyman finds this out the hard way.
- Laugh Track: The intro to the episode has a live Studio Audience reacting to their antics.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Apparently, Gar has never noticed that Carol and Laserblast were dating until Rippy Roo broke the news to him.
- Oh, Crap!: Rippy Roo has this reaction when Gar tells them that he's thinking of confessing his feelings to Carol, even taking a bite out of their fork. Gar notices Rippy's reaction which makes Rippy inform Gar that Carol's already dating Laserblast.
- Poorly Timed Confession: Gar does this twice in the episode. First time when he was still in P.O.I.N.T., he tried to confess his feelings to Carol during a mission and blocked her path from saving Laserblast. The second time happened in the present, when he apologizes to Carol for causing Laserblast's demise while Dr. Weakpoint's giant robot was about to punch him. Carol lampshades this to Gar.
- The Reveal: We finally see the rainy night sandwich flashback in full. It's not pretty; on a mission to disarm dangerous weapons in an unknown villain's lab underneath a donut shop, Laserblast went inside alone to disarm them while Carol and Gar stand watch. When Gar tries to confess how he feels to Carol, Carol hears something go wrong in the shop. Carol tries to go save Laserblast, but Gar blocks her path, still trying to confess his feelings. After Carol asks why he's blocking her, the donut shop explodes, gets lifted up in the air, shrinks, and then teleports away. In the heat of the moment, Carol blames Gar for what happened to Laserblast.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Parodied. Somehow, Carol and Mr. Gar have a whole conversation during the split second it takes for her to push Gar out of the way of the robot's attack.
- Wham Shot: At the end of the episode, Carol is revealed to be wearing an earpiece and is in contact with someone unknown and updates them on what just happened at the plaza.