Rad finds love in an unexpected place.
- Ambiguous Situation: It's not clear if Shannon rebooting actually would have or did made her stop loving Rad, or if it only happened because of Rad's comment afterward. Perhaps, she still loves him secretly.
- Driven to Suicide: Shannon hits her self-destruct switch after hearing Rad's comments about her.
- Gave Up Too Soon: Shannon appears to self-destruct to reboot, causing Rad to lash out and say loving her was impossible and that she was just "cold metal". Then we see Shannon was Faking the Dead, overheard Rad, and so reboots for real.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: A lightning strike causes Shannon to deviate from her programming by falling in love with Rad.
- Never Say "Die": As Raymond puts it, if Boxman catches Shannon with a hero, she'll be "discontinued". Justified as Shannon is a robot made on an assembly line who gets Resurrective Immortality from transferring her program to another body; "discontinue" has a more precise and relevant meaning than "die".
- Offing the Offspring: Raymond and Darrell fear that if Boxman finds out Shannon was in love with Rad, he won't just reboot her, he'll end her product line entirely.
- Robosexual: The plot is about Rad and Shannon falling in love.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: The episode is pretty obviously a Romeo and Juliet parody.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Rad and Shannon sound completely different while singing, even having a different voice actor in Rad's case. Lampshaded afterward when both note how amazing the other's singing voice was.
- Sudden Downer Ending: Playing into the Romeo & Juliet Shout-Out, the episode ends with a sudden tragedy due to quick case of miscommunication between Rad and Shannon. After Shannon fakes rebooting herself, a posturing Rad tries to brush of KO's and Enid's concern by saying he could never fall in love with a robot. Shannon over hears this and decides to reboot herself for real.
- Whole Plot Reference: For Romeo & Juliet. It involves two star crossed teenagers who plan on running away together but are hindered. As a result one pretends to commit suicide but later ends with a real one.