Rad and Enid reminisce about when they started working at the bodega, and discovered how amazing Mr. Gar really is.
- The Cloud Cuckoolander Was Right: The others dismiss Crinkly Wrinkly's story about how Mr. Gar founded Lakewood Plaza. Then Mr. Gar tells them "that's exactly how it happened."
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Rad claims in his job interview that this is his greatest weakness.
- Flexing Those Non-Biceps: Rad was a scrawny teenager in his flashback, yet still bragged about how strong he is. When he talks about how his greatest strength is his "raw strength", he flexes a tiny bulge on his arm.
- Glasses Pull: When Mr. Gar leaves for a secret mission, he pulls off his sunglasses to say "it's classified"; he has another pair of sunglasses underneath.
- Harsh Word Impact: Enid dispatches the skateboard with a well-placed "Bye!" that punches him out.
- I Thought Everyone Could Do That: Rad wasn't willing to use his levitation powers at first because he thought it wasn't anything special because everyone in his family could do it. Mr. Gar tells him otherwise.
- Jaw Drop: Enid when Mr. Gar shouts at the skateboard nerd. Complete with metal clang sound effect.
- Large and in Charge: Mr. Gar is a giant in Crinkly Wrinkly's story.
- A Lesson Learned Too Well: On Enid's first day, Mr. Gar taught her to stick up for herself and not be concerned with customers who are impossible to please. She seems to have taken it so far that she Stopped Caring about anyone at all.Enid: And that's pretty much why Mr. Gar is so great. He helped me be myself, without any regard or empathy for my fellow man.
(Enid picks her nose and wipes her finger on K.O.'s face)
- Made of Explodium: The skateboard nerd explodes after being thrown out.
- Metaphorgotten: K.O.'s contribution to the trash talk to Darrell.Mr. Gar: You're all washed up, bucket of bolts, and you can send that message to Lord Boxmore.
Enid: First Class!
Rad: Signed, sealed and delivered!
K.O.: Yeah! In an envelope!
- Mythology Gag: The first thing shown in the episode is Darrell vandalizing Lakewood Plaza Turbo's sign, adding "smells bad" under the sign. This was his Evil Plan in the pilot for the series.
- Poke the Poodle:
- Darrell's attack on Lakewood Plaza is to spray paint "Smells Bad" on the sign.
- In Crinkly Wrinkly's flashback, a young Lord Boxmore (then known as Lad Boxmore) throws a box with "U Smell (Bad)" written on it at Mr. Gar.
- Unsatisfiable Customer: The skateboard nerd who berates Enid for not having wheel polish in stock. Mr. Gar shows Enid how to deal with such customers... by shouting at him then throwing him out into the sky.
- Voice of Dramatic: When Crinkly Wrinkly tells the story of Mr. Gar, his voice changes to that of Keith David.