つきひぐい | Tsukihigui | Chapter 78
Natsume helps a strange youkai get its head out of a pot it was stuck in and in exchange the Day-eater returns Natsume to his youth as an unasked for gift.
Tropes associate with this episode:
- Adorably Precocious Child: Natsume, though more accurately heartrendingly precocious child, as even with his memories confused he knows to be wary and untrusting of people and assume anyone he can see might be a youkai attempting to trick him and is in disbelief that he could have human friends and be able to talk to such friends about his abilities.
- Baby Morph Episode: Natsume has been returned to an earlier age as a gift by a youkai, unfortunately this means he is in awe and disbelief of the concept of having friends or a place to call home where people care for him so he understandably tries to escape from Nyanko-sensei and his friends at first.
- Eyeless Face: In place of eyes or any other recognizable facial feature the Day's-eater has a hole in the middle of his face resembling a knocked out knot in a piece of wood.
- Fountain of Youth: This is the Days-eater's ability for objects as well as people.
- Parents for a Day: Tanuma and Taki end up watching over him while Nyanko-sensei chases down the Days-eater to get it to reverse its gift.