Tony and Ziva travel to Paris to escort an important witness to Washington, D.C. while various forces attempt to eliminate her to prevent her testimony.
Tropes in this episode:
- Death in the Clouds: What started out as Witness Protection becomes this plot as well after the Air Marshal is found dead.
- Did They or Didn't They?: Played up for Tony and Ziva.
- Fridge Logic: Nora has a severe enough allergy to peanuts to cause anaphylactic shock, but they had to use another passenger's Epi Pen to help her. If her allergy was that bad, why wouldn't she be carrying her own pen? And why wouldn't this be on any of the paperwork or in the information NCIS has?
- Improbable Weapon User: Ziva reveals she once killed a man using a credit card.
- Mile-High Club: Discussed when Tony uses his phone to send Ducky pictures of the dead Air Marshall. Tony wonders if this qualifies them for the club, and Ducky asks him if he's already a member.
- Plot Allergy: Nora turns out to have a previously unknown (to Tony and Ziva, anyway) allergy to peanuts. They find out when she goes into anaphylactic shock due to her travel pillow being lined with peanut dust.
- Road Trip Plot: Tony and Ziva's segments are all "on the road".
- Shipper on Deck: Nora becomes one for Tony and Ziva pretty quickly, and spends her time on the plane asking about their history and telling them how well they work together.
- Ship Tease: Lots for Tony and Ziva.
- There Is Only One Bed: Apparently, the only room available in Tony and Ziva's hotel was a single room with one bed. Tony tells McGee he took the couch in the room, while Ziva tells the witness she did. In the end, it turns out they were both lying, but the truth is not revealed.