Film watched: Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell
- "We're still fighting bravely for our vague goal!"—Crow T. Robot.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Ambiguously Gay / Dude Looks Like a Lady: Troxartas' bitchy behavior and his skort evoke this reaction from Mike and the 'bots.Troxartas: So... I've found my lost bride at last.Crow: (as Elizena) Oh, you're a guy!Elizena: You're...(Troxartas pulls down his scarf)Servo: (as Troxartas) Priscilla! Queen of the desert.
- Crow then has Troxartas claim he's Mr. B Natural later.
- Annoying Patient: Pearl.
- As Himself: Or rather, the Warriors from Hell as themselves.
- Author Appeal: MST3k's ripping on RenFests.
- Burger Fool: In the opening sequence the Satellite crew pretend to run a business like this (while Pearl is incessantly calling his name behind him and demanding to know what is taking so long) in order to drive Dr. Clayton Forrester nuts.
- Call-Forward: When Deathstalker blows his cover by showing the princess's sister a stick (which he had pretended was a knife):Mike (using Vadinho's voice): "Get him men, he kicked Tony!"
- Cassandra Truth: After Crow reads to Pearl.Pearl: [half-asleep] There was a small golden man reading to me from a dirty book.
- Credits Gag: Features singing some of the "Safety Dance" song.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: After Carissa turns down his advances, there is this dialogue:Servo: Guess I'll be boxing the clown, tonight.
- Driven to Suicide: In the very first host segment, Dr. Forrester tried to strangle himself to get away from Pearl. Later, in a parody of Suspicion, Clayton drinks the poisoned milk himself rather than listen to Pearl whine.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar
- Troxartas shouting "RISE!"Servo: Oh, not that kind of rise.
- Crow reading to Pearl.Crow: [monotonously] Yielding petals of womanhood...
- Troxartas shouting "RISE!"
- Heävy Mëtal Ümlaut: Joked about by the MST crew, when the title screen appears Mike wonders where the umlaut is.
- In-Joke: The fast food badge Crow wears is Mary Jo [Pehl] while Servo wears a Paul [Chaplin] badge.
- I Heard That As: Troxartas, not "Trucks Artist".Servo: Can you paint my van?
Mike: It's Troxartas, SUNDAY at the Metrodome!
Crow: (As Deathstalker) Trucks Artist! Good! I was thinking maybe the cover of Mars Hotel on my van.
- Made of Explodium: The crew giggles when Troxartas explodes after getting stabbed.
- Memetic Mutation: "You always were a good judge of men, Deathstalker" became an oft-repeated riff in future eps and RiffTrax.
- Mills and Boon Prose: Crow treats Pearl to a meandering, disjointed reading of a trashy romance novel.
- Nausea Fuel: Deathstalker's smugness at the end is enough for Servo. Deathstalker: You once told me it's not easy being a princess. It's not easy being a hero, either.Servo: Never before has an entire medieval city thrown up at the same moment!
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Crow wonders how long the accents at the start of the movie will last. They end up getting dropped within the next line of dialogue.
- Overly Long Gag: Claaaaaaaaaaayyyyytooooonnnnn!!!
- Running Gags: Many of them are about how Nicias the wizard looks like he stepped out of The Lord of the Rings book.
- The numerous jokes about the bat wings on the warriors' helmets. Squeak! Squeak!
- And the incessant potato jokes when Deathstalker's girlfriend is on screen (see The Stinger below)
- Say My Name: "Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton! Clayton!"You're killing me, Clayton!
- Shout-Out: The poisoned milk scene at the end is lifted from Alfred Hitchcock's film Suspicion.
- Sick Episode: Pearl is suffering from ailment and making Clayton suffer along with her.
- So Bad, It's Good: In-Universe, Mike calls it, "One of the most ambitiously bad movies we've ever done," while he and the bots get a lot of laughs throughout the film from it.
- Spell My Name with an "S":(The opening credits show "John Allen Nelson" in a faux-Old English font)
Mike: Relson? What kinda name is Relson?
Servo: "Nelson", it's "Nelson".
Mike: That's one of the most clearly printed "R"s I've ever seen!
(And Deathstalker gets called "Relson" through the rest of the experiment.)
- Considering that Mike very well knows what the word "Nelson" should look like, this might be a case of It's Personal.
- Take That!: The host segments really take apart RenFests.