Film watched: Hercules
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of:
- Achilles' Heel:Opening scroll: Even the greatest strength carries within it a measure of mortal weakness...
Tom Servo: My mortal weakness is cheesecake!
- Amazon Brigade: Since this week's movie involves the original Greek amazons, Tom Servo and Crow discuss what it would be like to get conquered by the Amazons. And they completely miss the point: Tom complains that they would leave their nylons and curling irons all over the house, while Crow focuses on how great it would be for Amazons to do all his chores. Joel tries to set them straight, pointing out that the real Amazons were noble warriors. Then two real Amazons show up at the Satellite of Love, and they're nothing like anyone expected.Carol: It used to be a full-time thing, but now we just conquer men for charity. It's real real fun.
- Constellations: The subject of constellations-as-a-motif is the main discussion during the first host segment. The episode deconstructs the whole constellations-as-a-motif when Crow complains he doesn't see the figures of ancient legend in the night sky. Servo attempts to update the constellations to reflect "modern sensibilities," creating elaborate constructs such as "The Ham Sandwich," "The New Christy Minstrels," and, out of a mere eleven stars, "Picasso's Guernica." Frustrated, Crow comes back with a "modern" constellation of his own, consisting of two stars:Crow: (sarcastic) It's a pencil. The eraser's almost gone.
- The Ditz:[As the camera focuses on Iole:]
Crow: "I wonder what I'm thinking about."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Early in the film, when a pack of goats are shown.Crow: Oh, I hope they aren't Herc's mortal weakness.
- Groin Attack:Crow: Ow! Right in the groinitological area.
Tom Servo: The groinular region.
- Hulk Speak:Tom Servo: Duuuh, Herc head hurt. Where Herc? Who Herc?
- Karma Houdini: Despite J&tB's good karma, the Mads send 'em another "Hercules" motion picture, even though they said "Hercules & the Captive Women" would be the last. But they are just doing their job.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:[Hercules whips a bunch of guards with his chains.]
Crow: This is a weird chain of events.
Tom Servo: Doh!
- Laser-Guided Karma:
- The subject of Joel's invention exchange for the week: "Instant Karma". You just add water, and it forms a fitting reward or punishment for your actions! When Servo sends his whole allowance to Sally Struthers out of sympathy, he gets strawberry licorice. When Crow cleans up Tom's room (since Tom can't do it himself), Crow gets a Snickers bar. And when Servo stretches and pits Crow's danskin, Servo's aunt takes him to a Michael Bolton concert.
- For the Mads' part of the invention exchange, Dr. Forrester invents the "cellular desk" and accidentally knocks TV's Frank unconscious with it. At the end of the episode, Frank uses the cellular desk and accidentally whacks Dr. F in the crotch.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight:Crow: Did they have any kids?
Tom Servo: Oh, no. Herc couldn't perform his husbandly duties, if you know what I mean.
- Minnesota Nice: The duo of Amazons who drive by the Satellite of Love.Joel: Jeez, they seemed like somebody's moms or something.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: At the climax, Hercules knocks out two supporting beams. As the palace collapses:Joel: Hey Herc! They just surrendered and gave us the palace.
- [Trope Name]:Dr. Forrester: Yes Joel, insert perfunctory acknowledgement here.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Parodied when Servo, during the closing credits, spins an elaborate account of Hercules and Iole's Not-So-Glamorous Ever After. note