Film watched: Manhunt in Space.
The episode is available on Shout! Factory TV here.
This MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Biting-the-Hand Humour: After a character says "There's like a million to one shot we'll ever be seen" Crow chimes in with:Crow: Oh, they're on Comedy Central.
- Call-Back: Crow has trouble differentiating this film from Fugitive Alien.Crow: I don't get why Ken and Tammy and Captain Joe are flying to the planet with the guy in the mime getup, and all that "Tried to kill him with a forklift!"Joel: Uh, Crow, listen, that was, like, twenty experiments ago.noteCrow: It was?!
- Even Evil Has Standards: When it comes out that Servo is partly colorblind, Dr. Forrester immediately starts mocking him by pointing at different colored objects and asking, "What color is this?" before feeling guilty and apologizing.
- Have a Gay Old Time: The crew gets a lot of mileage about Winky's "gay nightlife."
- Hypocritical Humor: Servo makes fun of the movie's Off-the-Shelf FX, prompting Joel and Crow to look around at the kitbashed SOL set.
- Mondegreen: Queen Cleolanta's henchman Atlasan shall hereinafter known as "Ampersand."
- Scolding the Fourth Wall Breaker: Shortly after the beginning credits for the movie.Servo: Look, it's the MST3K logo up there!
Joel: You're not supposed to know about that.Servo: Oh! [clears throat and starts Not-So-Innocent Whistle]
- Series Continuity Error: Servo being color blind sort of comes out of nowhere, given it's been clear in previous episodes he can see color. For example, in Season 1's The Corpse Vanishes, he complains about the film's lack of Technicolor.
- Space "X": Lampooned to hell and back.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Crow questions Tom's heckling of Winky when it's exposed that he's a basement-dweller living with his mom.
- 0's and 1's: Parodied, during General Hospital:Servo: The body sees a hernia as a series of ones and zeros.