The episode is available on Shout! Factory TV here.
This episode contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Intentionally invoked or not, when Ray "Crash" Corrigan starts swinging on ropes the guys accompany it with ape noises. Corrigan was most famous as an Ape-suit performer.
- Acceptable Targets: Invoked with the lots of hick jokes, and in Dave's case, fat jokes.
- And I Must Scream: The Holo-Clowns are painfully aware of their circumstances.
- Companion Cube: After the Undersea Kingdom short, Crow claims not to have been affected by being blindsided by a short, only to call attention to his Billy action figure. He has the doll in the rest of the host segments.
- Continuity Nod: In an unusual bit of direct episode-to-episode continuity, Joel accidentally left the Holo-Clowns (played by Mike and Paul) from last episode on for three weeks, which made the clowns go crazy.Joel: Hi everybody, welcome to the Satellite of Love, my name's Joel Robinson, about three weeks ago I came up with this Holo-Clown Sequencer to cheer up the 'Bots but now I can't get it to turn off and it's getting hard to sleep at night and I'm tasting metal!
- Fashion-Victim Villain: Invoked by Joel and the bots when they discuss this trope during one of the sketches.
- Holodeck Malfunction: Joel's Holo-Clown simulator from the previous episode got stuck on the hexfield for the past three weeks, with the previously Non-Ironic Clowns becoming aware they're trapped in a tiny simulated room and don't even really exist, slowly driving them insane, which in turn is keeping Joel and the 'Bots up all night and making them crazy.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Joel's invention, the Insty-Adolescent Kit, turns Servo into a pimply adolescent with a persecution complex.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Joel has to shut off the Holo-Clowns the hard way, even as they beg him not to. Played for Laughs.
- The Insomniac: The Holo-Clowns being on nonstop for three weeks is keeping everyone else up.
- Mythology Gag: As part of the demonstration of the Insty-Adolescent Kit, Joel makes Tom go through puberty.note
- Monster Clown: The friendly Holo-Clowns from the last episode have gone completely insane as a result of Joel being unable to turn them off for the past three weeks.
- Must Have Caffeine: Tom Servo even has coffee inside his gumball-head.
- Notable Original Music: The swamp rats in the movie are "A Danger to Ourselves and Others".
- They Killed Kenny Again: TV's Frank gets all of his blood sucked out of his body by Patches the Leech.
- Throw It In!: Servo's head falls off as they exit the theater at the end of the movie.
- You Won't Feel a Thing:Dr. Forrester: Now this leech [snip] when applied to the neck or head area, will suck any desire to smoke out of Frank.
Frank: [loudly protests]
Dr. Forrester: But this won't hurt a bit.
- The leech, of course, turns into a Brick Joke at the end. Frank didn't do so well.