Film watched: Teenagers from Outer Space
- Trying to put a damper on a worn-out running gag, Joel shocks Tom and Crow every time they say "NBC Mystery Movie". He does it to himself, once, to show he's not a total hypocrite.
Segment 1/Invention Exchange
- Crow and Tom have invented the scratch-and-sniff report card; private academies get their own variety. The Mads predict a surge in ventriloquist acts through The Nineties, so Dr. Forrester and a retrofitted CPR demonstration dummy perform for the audience.
- The old grandpa in the movie is far too nice to be believed as a landlord, so Joel and the 'Bots present Reel to Real, showing how renting property in films compares to the reality.
- Joel jettisons some snacks to the receptacle in space, leading them to perform like an old drive-in theater snack bar advertisement.
- Crow ponders his place in the universe while Joel and Tom play cards. A skeletal starship flies by the SOL, but it turns out to be really lame after making a fantastic first impression.
- Joel and the 'Bots present a fall line of slimming interstellar fashion, involving lots of duct tape; Crow is embarrassed by his stint on a fur rug. The first letter writer's mother isn't a fan of the show, while the the second writer's pediatrics team named themselves after Gamera thanks to the show. Dr. Forrester is entertaining Resusci-Annie with some fine wine served by a disturbed Frank.
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation has examples of:
- Behavioral Conditioning: Joel uses electric shocks on the robots to get them to stop saying "NBC Mystery Movie!" whenever they see a flashlight.
- Cargo Ship: In-universe, Dr. Forrester is seen trying to charm Resusci-Annie, the CPR doll he was using as a ventriloquist's dummy, with a dinner date.
- Running Gag:
- People being trapped in those huge '50s car trunks.
- Characters singing certain songs to themselves (in particular, Gramps Morgan singing the theme to New Zoo Revue).
- Speed Sex: When Derek stands up from kissing Betty on the grass, Joel yells "Done!"
- Take That!:Leader (voiceover in car): We are the supreme race! We have the supreme weapon!
Crow: Ah, turn Rush Limbaugh off.