Film watched: Master Ninja
MST3K writer Paul Chaplin noted in the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide:
- Crow shows off his muscle car to everyone else.
- The Mads present gourmet dinner IV fluids. Joel and the Bots present their line of adult pop-up books, Great Expectations, Anna Karenina, The Plague and Naked Lunch. Dr. Forrester soon tries to smother Frank.
- Crow tells Joel and Servo his conspiracy theory on the van Pattens and their evil plan to take over the entertainment industry by getting cast in movies and TV.
- Servo and Crow fight as ninjas, but Joel jumps into the fray as a typical American. Gypsy also joins as... Gigi.
- Joel shows of his line of gag nunchaku, which leads to a contest for more ideas.
- The Bots start singing the "Master Ninja Theme Song" while Joel reads a letter from the USS Missouri, thanking them for the entertainment during the Gulf War. Frank soon smothers Dr. Forrester. The "Master Ninja Theme Song" continues to the credits.
This episode contained the following tropes:
- Artistic License Biology: Well, zoology, more specifically. Joel and the bots keep calling the hamster a gerbil.
- Artistic License History:(McAllister is remembering the war and his discharge)McAllister: "Something about the tranquility..."Joel: The tranquility of post-war Japan?
- Body Double: Very obviously so. The MST3K crew doesn't fail to notice this.Crow: It's Lee van Petite!
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: A backward glance from Claude Akins' character is turned into this.Joel: You know, say what you want, but Claude Akins has a nice rump.Crow: [as Claude Akins] You guys talkin' about my butt? Ah, you crack me up. I've seen your show.
- Hiba Kebelah!
- The Conspiracy: THE VAN PATTEN PROJECT!
- Fan Nickname:
- "Queen Latifah" — Okasa, because of the metallic veil on his ninja outfit.
- "Jack Perkins" for Charlie, the dancing club owner.
- Leitmotif: Parodied in one sketch.
- Mega-Corp:Joel: ConHugeCo, welcomes you.
- Notable Original Music: MASTER NINJA THEME SONG!
- Running Gag: Accidentally referring to something that happened in an earlier episode of Master Ninja instead of earlier in the movie (as Master Ninja was re-packaged as a movie from a failed TV pilot).
- Tempting Fate:Crow: I've got a bad feeling about that knickknack shelf.
- Vorpal Pillow: Attempted by Dr. Forrester on Frank after the invention exchange ends, but he doesn't succeed.
- With Lyrics: When Max is chased by the Sheriff:Servo: Here come your TV car chase
It's the TV car... chase theme, hey!And your TV car chase
Your TV car chase... theme, ha!Boogie!
TV car chase!
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: How they interpret McAllister's reaction to Max's attempt at a kiai.