My Superhero University | Season 01, Episode 02: The Birth of a Song, The Death of a Dream
Mikael: She looks like Beelzebub fucked an octopus. I'd say that's pretty weird.
Yokel: Get out of here freak, we don't need your kind
Perry: Perry is scared, But I not scared to throw down glove.
Mahvash: Eyes steely, chin up, chest out. March like a people with pride and have no shame
Roboctopus: one could easily argue that those with talents and powers should not limit themselves for a society that is behind them.
Zach: People all ready don't like us for baseless, irrational reasons and someone stupid is gonna try doing something stupid regardless of any contingencie's we may have. I say we go about our day, hold our head up, be the bigger people...and if someone pulls a knife out, we feed them to Wren.
Ever Green: I was anything but idle this summer. My new crops from summer of last year proved a great success, and I was allowed to roll out an assembly line of high producing, healthy, easily harvested crops. I even worked in manual labor so the job market won't tank. I got in contact with a good lawyer helping me gain the rights to a large cut of the fruits of my labor. In fact, it was the same lawyer that made me late the first day. I'm looking to spread to impoverished areas where I can make large amounts of high quality and easy to afford food. Hopefully, that will be a good first step in ending world hunger. I also have several plants that produce things like medicine and electricity pending approval!
Ryuu: You have people who care. You have a goal, you have someone to save. Hold onto that, and to who you are and if you can't let go of the rage, well, sooner or later you'll meet the Spider, so let him feel every bit of it.
Luce: You know, Malhareff, talking like that doesn't actually make you sound smart. In fact, it actually makes you sound like an asshole who memorized a dictionary.
Violet: Sorry, if you all look at me so normally I might have gotten sick. Please try not to make eye contact when speaking. Angels are beings of pure intent, but its impossible for a being coded to obey to make judgement. If it were up to them you would likely all be dead. My judgement is unclouded by prejudice or any level of hatred. Because to me most people aren't worth the effort to imagine as real. In other words, I am completely impartial and clear headed. The perfect quality of a perfect judge.
Centaur Rioter: I don't know why I'm bothering to speak with you, but let me tell you something. All of this, everything you're seeing? None of us are happy with it. But it's nothing compared to the atrocities that some of us have endured. When I was only 12, my sister was shot dead by some drunken hunter, convinced that the only good centaur was either a dead one. Either that or lobotomized. Perhaps much of the country has changed, but it hasn't been enough. And with the Saint dead it's only going to get worse. So what else are we supposed to do?
Martin: If you just wanted to ruin some property or make a statement with a march I would be fine with it, no reason to stop or stand in your way. But the people you have here are hurting people, and lashing out just because someone else did it first doesn't make it defense. Good people still live here, and if you think you can attack them just because they live in a place like this, or because they don't look different. Then how are you any sort of change from those who hurt you?
Martin: Sir, you are currently not practicing gun safety and are threatening a hero with a deadly weapon. Maybe you think that you can shoot me, kill me, but please for a moment consider the situation. A large group of other heroes are close enough to hear the gunfire, and I can't promise that you will be treated fairly by them if I am injured.
- Short Synopsis: What's left of Saint's interspecies accord on Earth collapses around Class One beginning with the efforts of a new extremist group.
- First Post: 16 April 2019
- Webcomic Time: 24th September 2019
Tropes - Caution, unmarked spoilers
- Angels, Devils and Squid: With Violet's intro, the class has the whole set.
- The Bad Guy Wins: The Guardians go in and out and nab the macguffin in a smooth raid. Meanwhile several students are left traumatized or injured after dealing with the mooks, and one of their own weapons. None of them even touches a guardian. (Well, Mikael gets knocked around by one...) Its the most ignominious and lopsided defeat the students have suffered in the series.
- Become What You Hate: A werewolf bites a man in retaliation for being shot at.
- Black Hole Belly: The most tame detail about Wren's eating habits.
- Bullying a Dragon: The gunslinger aiming at Martin was effectively pointing a gun at his own head and threatening to shoot. Martin held back to avoid hurting him. There was nothing stopping Mahvash when the man pulled the trigger though...
- The City Narrows: The 'outskirts'/suburbs of Saint City, which turns out to be a hotbead of reaction.
- Crazy Survivalist: Seem to fill the ranks of the suburbanites opposing the rioters.
- Cynicism Catalyst: The Gaea campaign for many.
- The Dreaded: Tamamo to Yoko. Evo to Ever. Luce to Mikael.
- Hack Your Enemy: Malhareff pulls this off against Vivian, turning her robot suit on the students.
- Hulk's Cooldown Hug Corollary: Martin almost talks down a gunslinger, but Van and Chiuzo make the man's trigger finger very itchy...
- Feeling Oppressed by Their Existence: The centaur rioter indicates that this might be a mutual feeling among large numbers of nonhumans as well as the humans stirred up by Gaea.
- Reckless Gun Usage: The gunslinger Martin was talking down kept the gun trained on Martin and his finger on the trigger the whole time. Van and Chibuzo provided him the scare to reflexively pull.
- Poke in the Third Eye: Malhareff attacks Evelyn twice. The first time, Clay takes the blow. The second time it partly rips her third eye out.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Zach's PTSD hits him hard. Yoko catches him in the classic Thousand-Yard Stare, reliving his attacks and kills against Gaea goons.
- Shocking Defeat Legacy: Though it would take awhile for the effects to manifest, the Guardians got a huge propaganda boost, any idea of Saint's accord holding up crumbled away, some students who had been through war with Gaea would retire, and some students' use of their weapons would be suspect from then on.
- Took a Level in Cynic: After the Gaea attack and under the sustained hatreds of a good chunk of the locals, Zach has few problems feeding people to Wren.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Dante hallucinates a mob coming after him and an appearance by Dementius before running off in a random direction.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: Mahvash without too much nonsense sets a hooligan to work cleaning up the space where he'd spit at Martin with a toothbrush. The one who shot him, she left in a perpetual fall. Martin had technically asked don't hurt them in a critical moment.