Waking Up to Ash And Dust
Martin: As much as I respect the hiring board some of our teachers end up being, eccentric don't they?
Clay: Shoot, my luck that I get flung into the future and the reason I get stuck is that it ain't far enough ahead.
Evelyn: I-I think she might kill you if you tried anything on her...She looks like a bear if she ate three other bears... a-and I don't think flirting with a triple-beared monstrosity is a good idea...
Reverend Styrgg: Metahumans gotta go! Metahumans are sons of Satan! Lock em up and throw away the key!
Mikael: Weird shit happens here sometimes. Metahumans, you know, not the most normal bunch. Anyway, welcome to the Squad, new guy.
Iuvem: Hmm...I guess a common cowboy like you wouldn't understand the high-ranked ETHEL-ian handwriting...
Zach: I trust Yoko. I want to try her way. I...know she won't hurt me. I know she'll do what she can to help. To protect. Besides, it saves Bozo the space to cast the fusing spell properly. Right?
Mahvash: The better things won't just happen... That's what heroes are for after all. And if you want to do more than punch things, you'll hear people say too much is on their plate all the time, even if they're busy clipping newspapers. Just lead people to that proof if that's what you want. Digging through the details is part of the fun, and you can forget things like 'might' and 'maybe'. Make high, high hopes, embrace those details, and I get to see you progress into a hero for the ages. Not that I can't already see that in you.
Martin: Take the weight that they can't handle themselves, and inspire them to help lift others... I, I've always been blessed by fortune. My powers, my life. But the luckiest I have ever been is being accepted to this academy, making friends. And I think, maybe, meeting you was just as fortunate. But its a two way street, if you are going to help me, then I will do whatever I can to help you as well. So what do you say, to standing by each others sides and saving the world. Together?
Sally: Okay, so where should we start? Multi-verse, changing the past, paradoxes or something else based off the textbooks I grabbed. Think it is best not to get overwhelmed given how tangled and scary this can all get.
Zach: God...Yoko....you're my HERO...
Ever: Try it, you feathered rat. Try it. I'll eat you alive.
Hunter: Mikael's father's palace? You mean to say that we're in Hell? Sorry, not as used to crazy s**t as the rest of you quite yet.''
Ever: Fantastic. Somebody needs to baby-sit Dante, make sure he doesn't set off a gas trap or bring the place down on our heads. That aside, we shouldn't be caught alone wherever we are.
Evelyn: She's not... she's not normal...She... it's like she's not even there... there's just nothing...
Ash: Oh my god this is it... that's what this is, ain't it? We're in the future, right? We're in the #$&%ing future.
Pandora: Ohh...like the half-angel said, the creator of that storm is indeed the late Perry, who is now dead. And fused with lots and lots of souls, haha...
Korthus: Oh, and before I forget. Shane, is it not? If you are who your friend says you are, then I know everything there is to know about you. As well as what you truly are. So unless you want to be gutted by the hordes of creatures that live within this forest, I would suggest you make that fact known. Skinwalker.
- First Post: 1 February 2019
- Short Synopsis: The students of Class One have a short course about something while Gilgamesh talks about herself. They get a paper assignment on the usefulness of time travel right before they're hurled into the future. No, not the good one.
- And I Must Scream: The pins in the future have unlimited ink, for some reason...
- Apocalypse How: A planetary societal disruption (for Gaea ruled territories and some of Mahvash's) to societal collapse for other sapient species.
- Apocalyptic Montage: The Iridium Wonders get to see the wartime world. Tis not very pretty.
- Big Damn Kiss: Martin and Mahvash. Yes really.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: The returning students and even the 2nd years compared to some of the new students this episode.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: A majority of Class 1 dies this way in the future, but Perry stands out for tearfully begging for her life before being unceremoniously shot in the head. And then becoming one of the very restless spirits, she once helped and being reduced to destroying everything around her in a mad rage.
- Earth Is a Battlefield: The parts not ruled by Gaea or cordoned off into hidden elf villages are contested between (at the very least), the Iridium Army, the Sons of Styrgg, and other factions.
- Fantastic Voyage: Yoko goes inside Zach to free him from the possessing demon.
- Final Solution: Strygg, his followers, and Gaea seem to be whipping up support for this. and Mahvash is Watching The World End, planning around making use of the remainder.
- Future Me Scares Me: Perry does not like what she becomes.
- I Hate Past Me: Future Sally's introduction alone makes it clear she is ashamed of her past self.
- Love Hurts: This is the case for many students in the bad future where either one half of the pair is dead with the other in a bad state or both end up Together in Death.
- Oblivious to Love: Even Ryuu's possessing dragon picks it up before him. He even misses it when he gets ahold of Sally's diary.
- The Apocalypse Brings Out the Best in People: Averted. Yoko, Sam, and Ryuu went on regional destroying rampages and they're the ones who died with dignity. The future Iridium Army is also not above rendering entire cities uninhabitable, and, being at war, will happily run over enemy soldiers onscreen.
- Villain World: Gaea dominates the earth and much of humanity.