Gone From The Path Direct
First Post: 11 August 2018
Short Synopsis: The students receive some help to bridge the worlds, with only a minuscule chance of the means sending them to the Abyss instead... Yeah, you know what happens, and Class One gets caught in some tricky political maneuvers. No not speeches. Politics in the Abyssal court involves assassination and bombs and lots of fury. At Mikael seems to get a welcome.
- Achilles' Heel: Sam and heat don't mix.
- Anger Born of Worry: Mahvash doesn't quite greet Saint with happiness.
- Ass Pull: Rienbach just so happens to have been working on a device that can help Lucy communicate with the others. Lampshaded to hell and back and played for humor behind the scenes. BY THE POWER OF BULLSHIT!!!
- Bowdlerise: Caleb does this to his own sentence (see above), but it does drive home that he's a kid. In Hell.
- Death Seeker: Sam thought he was becoming one, but a nightmare with his life on stake knocks that perception off.
- Dramatic Irony: Lucy Livingston returns safe and sound home, but the rest of Class One, who eneded up in the Abyss and together, do not know this.
- Disappearing Moment of Awesome: Caleb and Harmony set up Class One to shatter the dome before disappearing upon the class's return.
- Enforced Cold War: Mahvash only thinks this is the case, based off of the Deep Forest incident. When she learns that isn't the case, she's much happier and still fettered.
- Explosive Overclocking: After Lucy manages to escape the Abyss, alone, she uses a device of Rienbach's to project herself back to help her friends at great cost to her body. She starts making last words to Hei Lin.
- Evil Gloating: The Furies engage in plenty when they think they have Class One on the ropes.
- Fusion Dance: The Furies merge into a 'lava monster'.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Mikael doesn't waste time when he finds Amadea's jailer/torturer.
- Sanity Slippage: Mikael shows little concern with killing people. Then again, the school may have just not addressed it back when he killed the Nazi officer with just as little care. Meanwhile Mahvash keeps up her 'role' with visible strain and a lot of (her own) blood.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: The Furies leave the moment Mahvash tells them that they can. Remix pulls a version later to stay out of the way of a an argument.
- Somebody Set Us Up The Bomb: The demons teleport a bomb into Amadea's room just as she's teleporting Class One out. Only Sam ends up back in Saint Academy.
- Tailor-Made Prison: The demons' bomb makes one of these in an instant.
- Teleport Interdiction: Mikael and Ellie being unable to port (and Mahvash being unable to port others safely and unwilling to just leave) keeps the class in the Abyss. Lin never tries to shadow walk out, nor does he comment on the situation.
- The Fettered: Mahvash, in another Perspective Flip, keeps conflicts from erupting and ends the fight with the furies (in a way in which most of them live) at the first opportunity. She also doesn't chase Zenestria. Then again, she has a covenant to work out and is playing a role.
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: Mikael lets the furies down gently on the idea that they had Class One cornered.
- There Was a Door: Mahvash takes the direct route to the torture chamber where Amadea is being held, straight through the masonry.
- The Power of Trust: The source of Mahvash's aforementioned fetters. She has a godly task that she's been given, even if that means little of the bloody kind of gratification.