Recap: My Superhero Academy Season 1, Episode 3 - 'Heroes' Assemble vs. The Lethal Legion
???: Tomorrow then. Tomorrow. I'll love ya, tommorrow! Lucy.
Josef: Promise me, Mikael. Promise me you will never give in to any demon, no matter the temptation.
Ever Green Lucy, we need to talk about that picture you have on your nightstand. Why do you have him in a maid costume framed and poised next to your bed? Loo- Look, I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but you just met yesterday. I think of you as a friend and I have the right to be concerned here. You're going a bit fast.
Lucy: "I d-didn't protect him... I w-was t-too weak to... to even try... Y-You're lying! I d-didn't do a-anything! T-They knocked me out!
Elim: What? You think your boytoy's gonna come in and sweep you off your feet? Make it all better? Not after this. Soon, he's gonna see the real you. And then he's not gonna give a shit about you. Face it, baby. We were made for each other.
???: As if you cared about that. Think about it. By ridding him of this world, you benefit it. In fact, you can do that to all the villains of this world. As the wise man once said... One murders makes a villain, but millions - a hero.
Reverie (to Matten): Greetings! I am Reverie! I am an angel of the Lord, as much as some will say otherwise, and I am here to cleanse the world of impure souls and prepare it for the world that will follow. And I must say, you are a VERY unpure soul.
Morgoth (to Mikael): Welcome to Hell, lil' bro! Or should I say the Abyss?
Ms. Hei: Oh, don't be so harsh, Darkheart. If your precious Lucy has taken such an interest in my darling boy, then there must be something to him, mustn't there?
Never Red/Deciduous: Look, it's really simple. Every single sack of meat deserves to die.
Matten: And thanks for choosing to come after me. I know how many students there are at this school, and that you chose me means alot.
Mikael: I pity you. You think that the actions of one man define all men. That because you were willing to sell your soul to kill one man, that being a demon is somehow preferable to kindness or compassion.
Matten: Oh, Mr. Melty, Don't act like you don't like it. You're in here, all alone with godly beauty like me...And no one will hear a thing!
Mikael: If you really want to be a hero, Matten, it doesn't just mean doing good, it means wanting to do good. I may be a demon, but I am also a man. Or, well, a woman, now. In the same sense, you cannot cease being a Daeva, but you can become a person. I know that sounds silly, or perhaps impossible, but... I believe in you, Matten.
First Post: 18 March 2018
Short Synopsis: The Lethal Legion attacks! For Class One, students destinies are altered, hidden depths emerge (more often than not for the worse), and Saint has to reevaluate the crop of students he got this year—provided he lives long enough to continue teaching.
- Aborted Arc: A transformation sub-Plot Tumor was retconned by the narrator with the agreement of the players; though the Reset Button wouldn't be hit until the middle of the next arc. The posts are still there, but they have only limited influence on the future story. This includes a plot by Ever Green to transform Hei Lin as a gag. The expulsion of Rosalinda also leaves several questions about what's going on with her superiors.
- Badass Boast: Presenting Dr. Bozo: note
- Break Them by Talking: Elim tries them on Lucy. It works, and things get worse in the cafeteria. Later, Matten adds this to her quality time with Elim.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Victoria vs. Pacifer and Matten vs. Elim
- Enemy Mine: The members of the Lethal Legion have greatly diverging interests, which is a major reason that Leon's attack fails.
- Eviler Than Thou / Big Damn Heroes: Its often hard to tell with Matten, but she does relieve the rest of the class in the cafeteria.
- FaceHeel Turn: Rosalinda finds herself expelled and ends up working for a Golden Eyed villain for a time after this attack. Technically, he recruited her through mind control and keeps her working hard under the threat of it.
- Fantastic Racism: The daeva does not take kindly to the appearance of the demon.
- Friendship Moment: Between Mikael and Matten of all people. Also, when she starts making the switch from Faux Affably Evil to Affably Evil.
- Implacable Man: Even up against much of Class One and with his allies out of the fight, the students in the cafeteria can barely slow Elim down and Lucy rampaging around them does not help.
- Live-Action Cartoon: Sam seemed to fight like he was in one, even invoking Looney Tunes with an ice anvil on Lord Burner's head. Saint lets him down easy on the idea that they could play Looney Tunes with their villains.
- Megaton Punch: Saint ends the battle with Leon by punching him clear out of town.
- Mirror Match: Most of the Lethal Legion choose to face off against their 'good' counterparts.
- Misfit Mobilization Moment: Averted. Not only do they lack the ethics of trained heroes, but the class quickly end up isolated in individual duels. Even in the cafeteria where many of the students were, they don't get the idea to switch opponents or gang up on one at a time until well into their fights.
- Psycho Rangers: Each member of the Lethal Legion is an Evil Counterpart to a student of Class One. (See the character page for details). One wonders how Leon went about picking them.
- Sanity Slippage: Lucy's continues, but Liam joins her after the battle. His slippage actually makes him less dangerous though (and annoys Ever Green to no end).
- Superpowered Evil Side: Lucy's comes out to play. And it isn't done when the Lethal Legion is driven away.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Mike spends the fight and time after researching how to cure his friends. Matten... starts to rapidly cycles between behaviors to try and soothe her classmates. The one thing her behaviors have in common is her dropping the Faux Affably Evil for an almost genuine noble daeva.
- Torture Is Ineffective: Both Bozo and Yvanna (who had reasons to emphasize this point) try to prove this to Rosalinda. Though, Yvanna and Mikael both seemed just as concerned with her poor technique. Bozo emphasized that she broke the bounds of the law.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Dagon may have been one for the seriousness of the Pool Incident, but for direct confrontations, while Class One mopped the floor with simulated barbarians, cut down the king of monsters, and crushed rampaging robots, they were matched blow for blow by the Lethal Legion, particularly The Dragon, and Saint himself almost became a casualty.
- What the Hell Heroes?!: All of Class One is on the receiving end of this; though Rebecca's is entirely self-inflicted. The school really didn't approve of their methods for handling the situation, and Saint himself singles out Matten, Rosalinda, and Samuel for remedial morality courses, failing which would mean being dismissed form the academy.
- The War Sequence: The Lethal Legion conducts a coordinated assault on the academy and Saint in particular. The mostly disorganized Class One is late to realize that they're in a major battle, and lose a major ally come major hinrance early on. Poor staffing choices and some fortunate, quick victories on Class One's part are all that kept them from being picked off.
- Worf Had the Flu: Yet another student is down during a major incident. In this case, Oliver had to be evacuated by the other students during the ambush. Saint has his own problems. Leon targeted his heart for a reason.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Matten fully intended to follow through with this—to Saint's disgust, but her target had a stroke of fortune.