- Story by Sam Maggs, Art by Kate Sherron
"Get ready to roll a natural 20 as Pinkie Pie and the rest of your favorite ponies gear up for a live-action role playing game for the ages! With elaborate costumes, captured princes, and one of Pinkie's famous pies on the line, you can bet things are going to get crazy! Gear up for a fantastic adventure with your favorite ponies!"
- An Aesop: For teamwork. Individually, the Mane Five fail to climb the tower, but finally manage to rescue Bulk Biceps by working together.
- All for Nothing: After finishing the game, the Mane Five head over to Sugarcube Corner... only to find that Pinkie ate the cake she offered for the winners.
- And Your Reward Is Edible: Pinkie offers a delicious-looking cake as a prize for the winner.
- The Beastmaster: One of Applejack's abilities as a "ranger" (which Rarity points out is usually Fluttershy's thing).
- Distressed Dude: Bulk Biceps serves as this in the game, playing a captured "prince" in a tower waiting for the players to rescue him.
- Game Master: Pinkie's role. She tends to rely on Moving the Goalposts tactics, such as claiming Applejack doesn't have "the skill level" to have her animal friends help her into the tower, and suddenly claiming that the tower is soon going to collapse.
- LARP: The premise of the story, with the Mane Five playing to rescue the captured "prince", in hopes of winning the promised cake prize.