- Story by Thom Zahler, Art by Toni Kuusisto
"When a magical amulet helps Fluttershy get in touch with her wild side, she starts seeing things from a whole new perspectivethat of her animal friends! What could possibly go wrong?"
- Arkham's Razor: When discussing Fluttershy's odd behavior, Twilight tries to argue against jumping to the worst possible conclusions, because surely Fluttershy's behavior is more likely to be due to overwork and overstress than some random magical effect they have no evidence of having taken over her mind... before conceding that yeah, it's probably magic.Twilight Sparkle: What's easier to believe? That she's just tired and acting strange, or that she's under the influence of some weird magical spell?
(Everyone looks at her incredulously with Spike giving an Aside Glance)
Twilight Sparkle: Magical spell, you're right.
- Call-Back: Fluttershy briefly mentions Hard Hat, one of the "experts" she hired to help build her sanctuary in "Fluttershy Leans In".
- The Cameo: Trixie, oddly enough. She briefly appears at the School of Friendship with Twilight and her friends, discussing Fluttershy's recent odd behavior. Exactly why she's there isn't explained.
- Cats Are Mean: When Fluttershy channels a cat, she becomes cold and uncaring around Pinkie Pie.
- Cutting the Knot: Twilight has no idea how to destroy the Animamulet, having found no such spell in her research. Spike solves the problem by eating it.
- Epic Fail: Zephyr Breeze's attempt to feed Fluttershy's animals. We don't see it on panel, but all the scratches he ended up with suggests this.
- Friend to All Living Things: Fluttershy, as usual. She takes in a wounded Timberwolf pup, despite its vicious nature, because she believes her sanctuary is a place for all sick or hurt animals to be healed.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Star Swirl the Bearded created the Animamulet to allow the wearer to commune with animals, but it instead resulted in the wearer unwillingly channeling the nature of any nearby animals.
- Messy Pig: Fluttershy wallows in mud with several pigs, thanks to the Animamulet's influence.
- Smelly Skunk: One of the animals Fluttershy ends up channeling is a skunk. Rarity doesn't appreciate it.
- Toilet Humour: Fluttershy channels a skunk, so she naturally lifts her tail and passes gas as both walk past Rarity.
- Timmy in a Well: When Angel tries to get the ponies' attention, Pinkie thinks he's trying to tell them that Fluttershy is stuck down a well.