- Story by Paul Allor, Art by Toni Kuusisto
"Pinkie Pie finds a magical apple that gives her extraordinary abilities! Will she use her new power for good or fun?"
- Aesop Amnesia: At the end of the issue, Pinkie briefly starts planning on doing things "right" if she ever gets that kind of power again, driving Twilight to rebuke her for it.
- Armor-Piercing Question:Pinkie: I'm looking around at streamers, and balloons, and music in the air! At a life that's just one long string of sunshine and cookies and—
Fluttershy: And what happens when you eat too many cookies?
Pinkie: Everypony knows that! You get sick! [beat] Oh.
- Blinded by the Light: Pinkie wishes for Rarity's new necklace to be even brighter than it already is, causing it to blind everyone who even looks in Rarity's direction.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Pinkie's wishes, though well-meaning, quickly result in utter bedlam.
- Comically Missing the Point: Invoked when Twilight tries to talk some sense into Pinkie.Twilight Sparkle: Pinkie Pie - Life isn't a party, and-
Pinkie Pie: No, but a party is a party! And mine's about to begin!
- Didn't Think This Through: The majority of Pinkie's wishes. For example, she wishes for clouds to be replaced by balloons, and the sun to be bigger and brighter than ever. This combination results in the straw roofs of the houses in Ponyville eventually being set alight due to the sun's increased heat, and there being no clouds to block it.
- Enmity with an Object: Thanks to Pinkie Pie's actions, Rainbow Dash develops a severe hatred for balloons, popping several at Pinkie's "Sorry party" at the end.Rainbow Dash: Balloons are now my mortal enemy!
- For Happiness: Pinkie laments the fact that her parties only make ponies happy for a little while, and hopes to one day help them be happy all the time. Then she eats the golden apple...
- Happiness Is Mandatory: Actually invoked by one of the decorations at Pinkie's big party.
- Invisibility: Fluttershy says Pinkie turned her invisible because "she knows I like blending into the background."
- My God, What Have I Done?: Pinkie has this reaction when she realizes how much damage her wishes have caused. After the damage is repaired, she wishes that it had all never happened, removing the apple's magic from her.
- Mythology Gag: At one point, Pinkie says "I wish! I wish! I wish! I wish!," which may be a reference to the G1 My Little Pony TV Specials where Twilight would chant the same thing before she could teleport.
- Reality Ensues:
- As stated, wishing for the sun closer and all the clouds into balloons ends up setting the roofs on fire.
- Pinkie tries to fix the chocolate road by making it solid again. However one of the ponies was still in it and nearly gets choked to death when it solidifies. Pinkie quickly reverses the wish to save her.
- Reality Warper: Eating the golden apple turns Pinkie into this (even moreso than usual), allowing her to do anything simply by wishing for it.