Applejack and Fluttershy are spending a quiet weekend camping in woods near Ponyville when a swarm of eager ponies arrive, excitedly looking for something. They find out from one of the lead searchers, Nosey News, that they are looking for the legendary "pigasus", a pig that can fly, which she had claimed was recently photographed in the area. Both AJ and Fluttershy avoid getting caught into the search, but the presence of the other ponies intrudes on their camping. When they return to their tent, they are surprise to encounter the real pigasus, which Fluttershy quickly helps to calm down, and both quickly agree that they have to keep quiet about it, as the other ponies would want to drag it away and take it out of its natural habitat. However, they know the other ponies will likely ask them if they have seen it. AJ, knowing Fluttershy will likely crumble at the first hint of agression, offers to try to lie to the others, even though it both goes against her Element as well as knowing that a lie can hurt the one that tells it.
AJ goes to address the crowd of ponies, but manages to dodge the various questions without lying, but this only serves to make the crowd suspicious, and they start to approach their tent. AJ arrives first, and tries to keep the other ponies at bay, and when Nosey asks her directly if she had seen the pigasus, AJ is on the verge of telling the truth when something bursts out of the tent and flies away. The ponies follow it, only to find it was Fluttershy, taking a fly in her sleeping bag. Nosey berates her for fooling them, telling her it will ruin her scheme. Nosey realizes she just admitted to faking the picture of the pigasus, and the other ponies chase her out of the forest, while AJ, Fluttershy and the pigasus watch from their quiet camping spot.
This issue provides examples of:
- Accidental Public Confession: Nosey News unintentionally reveals that she faked the pigasus photo.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: The legend of the pigasus. At one point, Nosey shows a photo of the pigasus that is similar to the blurry Bigfoot photo.
- Call-Back: Applejack brings up the situation from "Bats!" when Fluttershy refuses to sneak the pigasus out of the area to avoid Nosey and the other ponies.
- Cassandra Truth: Nosey reveals she faked the whole pigasus myth to get publicity for her paper. Turns out however, she unknowingly was right about there being one.
- Chased by Angry Natives: Nosy at the end of the issue when she accidentally outs herself on lying about there being a pigasus.
- Continuity Nod: Fluttershy's backpack is fully of yarn and knitting supplies.
- Cue the Flying Pigs: Invoked literally as the pigasus is a flying pig. Lampshaded at one point as well.
- Flat "What": Applejack's reaction to Nosey News telling her about the Pigasus.
- The Friends Who Never Hang: While Applejack and Fluttershy are rarely seen together in the cartoon, this comic tries to be an aversion by saying that they regularly go on camping trips.
- Lampshade Hanging: Fluttershy questions how Nosey could have knocked on their tent in the previous page.
- Real After All: No sooner than AJ calls bull on there being a pigasus, Fluttershy and she run into one as soon as they enter their tent.