- Story by Christina Rice, Art by Jay P. Fosgitt
The Flight Camp Reunion is coming up, and Rainbow Dash is excited for it given that she was a star of the camp, while Fluttershy clearly has reservations due to how she was teased. Rainbow Dash cheers up Fluttershy enough to assure her they won't tease her now, and will be there for her to give her confidence. When they arrive at Cloudsdale, Hoops and Dumb-bell tease Fluttershy before Dash stops them, at which they challenge her to a race. Dash can't turn it down, and zips off to race, leaving Fluttershy alone.
While waiting for Dash to return, Fluttershy is met by Cirrus Cloud, the events organizer of the reunion, but whom Fluttershy only remembers from how she teased her. Cirrus Cloud promises she'll give something to Fluttershy at the ceremony, leading Fluttershy to think that Cirrus will pull a practical joke on her, humilating her. Even when other pegasi including Spitfire greet Fluttershy, they all seem to know something, and she becomes even more frightened, running away from the other pegasi. She runs into Rainbow Dash, who has been challenged by other pegasi to races if only to brag they lost to Dash, and before Fluttershy can talk to Dash, she is dragged off to the reunion ceremonies.
Rainbow Dash basks in the admiration she is getting at the award ceremonies, causing Fluttershy to hide under their table. When Dash realizes Fluttershy is hiding, she goes to talk to her as Cirrus Cloud starts to call for Fluttershy to come to the stage. Fluttershy admits that she's been scared of coming, fearing that the others will laugh at her and the situation more antagonizing when Dash left her. Dash apologizes, and reminds her that it doesn't matter if the pegasi laugh at her as her true friends are the one in Ponyville, and then reminds Fluttershy of all the great things she has done, such as befriending Discord. After being reassured by Dash, Fluttershy goes up to face her fear and accept what Cirrus has planned for her. Cirrus apologizes to Fluttershy for the teasing she did back in camp, and presents her with a special award for being a pegasi that others look up to, on account of her special achievements that she has done for Equestria since moving to Ponyville.
This issue provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: After the complaints Fosgitt got about his background art in issue #11, he's now produced some gorgeous drawings of Fluttershy's cottage and Cloudsdale for this issue.
- Continuity Nod: Spitfire and her students from #11 make a reappearance.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Averted. Unlike many other cases where the exploits of the Mane 6 go unnoticed, Fluttershy is given a award by the Flight Camp alumni for what she had achieved since moving to Ponyville.
- Face of a Thug: Fluttershy's suspicion of Cirrus Cloud may stem from the fact that she dresses like a punk, now and when she used to bully Fluttershy. This turns out to be a Red Herring.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Hoops and Billy became nicer to Rainbow Dash at the end of "Sonic Rainboom", so it isn't clear why they'd start being mean to her again now.
- Reformed Bully: Cirrus Cloud, who bullied Fluttershy as a filly, apologizes to her for it and even praises her for her accomplishments in helping Equestria.
- School Yard Bully All Grown Up: Played straight with Billy and Hoops who still engage in Malicious Misnaming with Fluttershy and Dash (who quickly puts them in their place after a race). Subverted with Cirrus Cloud who, despite Fluttershy initially believing her to be hiding ulterior motives, does apologize for bullying her all those years ago and presents Fluttershy with an award for her various accomplishments.
- Shrinking Violet: Fluttershy, moreso than usual. For much of the story, the other pegasi have a hard time registering her presence.