Pinkie's sister Maud is giving a tour at the Canterlot Natural History Museum about rocks and fossils, and is being her usual self. As the tour group gets bored by her efforts, Pinkie gets Twilight and Rarity to make the tour more exciting using their magic. Rarity creates a display of magical gems as Maud talks about how crystals form, Pinkie makes a volcano display explode, and Twilight uses her telekinesis to animate a dinosaur bone display. The now-excited tour group cheers, and one of their number, a member of Maud's fan club asks Maud to sign her geology book. A happy Pinkie declares how excited Maud is as Maud looks up with her usual demeanor.
- The Bore: Maud is quickly boring most of the CHS students listening to her very dry lecture about geology, putting a few to sleep (notably Sweetie Belle), and making the other either yawn or check their cell phones. Maud either doesn't notice or doesn't care.
- The Comically Serious: Maud never cracks a smile or changes her tone even when actually telling jokes.
- Cue the Falling Object: When Maud brings the students' attention to a dinosaurs exhibit, the skull of a T. rex skeleton falls from its neck.
- Funny Background Event: A fossil display in the background includes what appears to be a fossilized alicorn skeleton.
- Hurricane of Puns: Maud likes her rock jokes.Maud Pie: It's been a little rocky getting here and we're all feeling... the pressure.
- Instant Fan Club: Maud has a fan club, the "Maud Squad". A young girl ask her to autograph a geology book.
- Prompting Nudge: Rarity gives a hip bump to her little sister Sweetie Belle to wake her up during Maud's lecture.
- The Stoic: Even when Pinkie states at the end that Maud is "ecstatic", her friends don't see any change in her expression.