Twilight Sparkle agrees to look after the plants in Principal Celestia's garden while Celestia is away on vacation. Neither they nor Spike notice that Twilight's watering can has picked up a wayward bit of Equestrian magic. When Twilight waters the plants in the greenhouse, they start to sing and grow at an alarming rate, eventually fighting her and each other to get more. Applejack hurries to the greenhouse in response to her SOS texts, realizes that the magic in the watering can is responsible, and turns on the overhead sprinklers to wash it away. The greenhouse returns to normal, the girls and Spike end up soaked, and Celestia pokes her head in to remind Twilight not to over-water the plants.
- Continuity Nod: Twilight's watering can is infused with Equestrian magic leaking from the portal, as seen at the end of Legend of Everfree.
- Creating Life Is Unforeseen: Twilight didn't try to grant sapience to plants but is unconcerned when she does, until the plants start acting like pushy drug addicts.
- Green Thumb: Twilight's watering can is enchanted by wandering Equestrian Magic to not only accelerate the growth of plants but also to grant them the ability to sing.
- Seen It All: After everything else she's seen since Friendship Games, Twilight is no longer surprised by magical happenings such as singing plants. She doesn't get scared until they get big enough to shove her around and grab the watering can.
- Shout-Out: A greenhouse full of singing, sentient plants obsessed with growing larger? Nope, never heard of such a thing!