Rarity's boss at the clothing boutique, Prim Hemline, puts her in charge of designing a new window display for an upcoming fashion show. She comes up short on ideas until she and Sunset Shimmer come across a graffiti mural by the elusive street artist Flanksy. When she tries to follow suit for the display, though, she ends up with a haphazard mess and goes home in tears - but Sunset starts to get a few ideas. The next morning, Rarity is stunned to find an appreciative crowd gathered outside the shop, whose front windows now sport art in Flanksy's style. As Prim approves of the result, Rarity catches sight of Sunset hiding in an alley across the street and realizes that she is Flanksy.
- Character Development: While previous entries in the series showed Sunset's growing empathy, this one shows a surprising streak of humility as well. The old Sunset demanded to be made an alicorn princess and later socially ruined anyone that threatened the influence she had at CHS. Here she uses her time and talent to make her friend look better, and only said friend is aware of it.
- Continuity Nod:
- Rarity was previously seen working in a clothing store in the "Life is a Runway" music video as well as "Good Vibes". Here that element is expanded.
- Sunset's artistic talent was glimpsed in "The Art of Friendship" and gets more attention here.
- Foreshadowing: When Rarity and Sunset are looking at Flanksy's latest work, Rarity wonders what kind of artist wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves. Sunset laughs nervously.
- Gilligan Cut: After being assigned her task, Rarity proudly boasts that she can handle the pressure. Cut to:Rarity: It's too much pressure!
- Humble Hero: At Flanksy's latest artwork, Rarity ponders to herself who wouldn't want credit for their genius? Apparently, an artist like Sunset.
- Shout-Out: "Flanksy" is one to Banksy.
- Terrible Artist: Rarity may be a whiz at clothing design, but regular artistry escapes her, as shown by her ill-conceived attempt to spruce up the window display. Fortunately, Sunset steps in to finish the job.