As Twilight gets ready for an evening with Timber at the museum, Fluttershy gives her a jar of insects to take with her "just in case." All the exhibits Twilight wants to see are either gone or closed, the sky is too overcast for stargazing, and she and Timber burn their tongues on the hot cocoa she brought along. Twilight apologizes for the bad night, saying that she just wanted to impress Timber. He consoles her and shows off some astronomy knowledge he studied up on in his own attempt to impress her. At that moment, Fluttershy's insects escape their jar and fly off, glowing brightly and lighting up the sky for the two.
- Air Quotes: Twilight gestures quotes around the word "hang-out" rather than saying it's a date.
- Alternate Self: Star Swirl's human counterpart, apparently a famous astronomer, has an exhibit in the planetarium.
- Chekhov's Gun: Fluttershy's jar of insects, which turn out to be fireflies when Twilight accidentally sets them loose.
- Don't Explain the Joke: After Twilight attempts to make a pun, Timber commenting on it leads to a very dorky bout of forced laughter.Twilight: Hey, Timber! Want to go inside and see the gravity exhibit? I'ts really pulling me in.
Timber: Hehehe... on account of the gravitational pull?
Twilight: [sounding fake] AHAHAHAHA... AhAhaaahaahaa... ha...
- Face Palm: Twilight facepalms after her bad pun and awkward laughing.
- Geeky Turn-On: Twilight wanted to impress Timber with her schedule for the museum events and Timber wanted to impress Twilight by pointing out constellations.
- Hand Behind Head: Timber Spruce does the gesture while admitting he was hoping to impress Twilight with his astronomic knowledge.
- Not a Date: While Twilight and Timber's day out is obviously intended to be a date, Twilight only refers to it as "hanging out".
- Ship Tease: The short establishes Twilight and Timber have continued their friendship beyond Legend of Everfree and are still interested in each other romantically, even if this was Not a Date.