"Symbol of Peace" is the tenth episode of My Hero Academia's third season, and the 48th episode overall.
All For One warps the villains and Bakugo away from All Might and the other heroes and besieges them with Nomus before attacking Best Jeanist and the heroes with him at the Nomu factory hideout. Warping the rest of the League and Bakugo to his side, All For One reassures them that they'll have a chance to try again before All Might interrupts them. All Might fights All For One, who has several power-enhancing Quirks activated, while the rest of the League tries to recapture Bakugo. Midoriya, whom along with the rest of the rescue team has been paralyzed with fear, manages to devise a plan to get Bakugo away from the fighting so All Might can unleash his full power. All For One forcibly activates Kurogiri's and Magne's Quirks to transport Shigaraki and the League elsewhere and begins to face All Might head on.
Tropes found in this episode:
- Batman Gambit: Midoriya makes sure it's Kirishima who reaches out and calls for Bakugo because he knows Kacchan's pride won't allow him to accept a hand from anyone he doesn't see as his equal, especially Midoriya's.
- Big Damn Heroes: Mt. Lady and Gran Torino stop the League from interfering with Bakugo's retrieval.
- Fastball Special: Magne attempts to get Bakugo back by launching Mr. Compress at Midoriya and company, but Mt. Lady grows to full size and blocks him in midair. Gran Torino prevents them from trying it again.
- The Meddling Kids Are Useless: Subverted. Although Midoriya and the other 1-A students observing the fights between the pro heroes and All For One are initially too terrified to do anything, Midoriya manages to get his wits together and think of a plan to retrieve Bakugo. This allows All Might to go all out.
- Sarcastic Clapping: All For One gives one to Best Jeanist out of respect for Jeanist managing to pull the other heroes out of All For One's blast in a split second. Doesn't stop him from blowing a hole in Jeanist's torso, though.
- Take My Hand: Bakugo grabs Kirishima's outstretched hand on the flyby.
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: Midoriya first describes the plan to retrieve Bakugo to the others, who nod their approval. Then the steps are described as they are being enacted, so the plan works.
- Willfully Weak: All Might is holding back on All for One because of Bakugo's presence. There's also the implication that he can't go all out because of all the downed pro heroes in the vicinity.