Jake isn't accepted into the Synchronized Swim Team (or "S.S.T."), due to the aquatic students one-upping him in the auditions.
- Discretion Shot: A dolphin on the S.S.T. stuck it's head out of the water and squirted some water out of his spout. This was followed by another one, doing the same, and finally Jake, who instead stuck his butt out of the water. Before we saw the next part, we cut to the audience, watching in disgust, while the sound of the action played.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Literally. Coach Gills made the comment, "Oh, carp."
- Making a Splash: Jake butt-bombed from the high dive into the pool, splashing all the water out of the pool in an epic geyser, twice.
- Never Say "Die": Played with. Adam tried to explain to Jake that his brine shrimp died by using a long, extensive list of euphemisms before Jake finally asked him, flat out, if he was referring to death.
- Oh, Crap!: When Coach Gills, watched as Jake plummeted to the swimming pool, she looked up in horror, fearing the inevitable landing and said "Oh, carp."
Pixiefrog: Did you two just exchange an "Oh, poopy" look? Nevermind, I don't wanna know.
- There's also sort of a reference to this when Adam and Jake exchange what Principal Pixiefrog describes as an "Oh, Poopy look" with each other when they hear about the brine shrimp escaping and terrorizing the school.
- Overly Long Gag: Adam and Jake backing away from the toilet for so long, they exited the school, and walked backwards for miles down the street.
- Sudden Anatomy: Slips developed a human hand, out of nowhere, so he could point. He looked at his hand in shock and nervously pushed it back down with another human hand.
- Too Dumb to Live: Slips claimed that monkeys weren't aquatic animals, before wondering if he was actually right.Lupe: The S.S.T. will only accept students if they're aquatic animals.Slips: And let's face it; Monkeys are not aquatic animals ... right?Jake: Well, if monkeys aren't aquatic animals-Slips: Don't quote me on that, dude.