Jake cuts school and Adam somehow gets reeled into it.
- Bait-and-Switch: Mr. Blowhole called Principal Pixiefrog, to tell him about Adam and Jake cutting school. We cut to Pixiefrog on the phone saying, how angry and disappointed he is, before we find out he was actually talking to the pizza man, telling him that his order is late, and later getting a call on the other line from Mr. Blowhole.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Adam rambles on the phone about how he wishes his life was boring.
- Non-Giving-Up School Guy: Principal Pixiefrog, hunted Adam and Jake throughout the entire school.
- Not Listening to Me, Are You?: About 5 seconds into Adam's "You make my life so horrible" rant, Jake left the phone and went off to go about his business, unbeknownst to him.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: When Principal Pixiefrog finally caught Adam and Jake, it wasn't to punish them. It was because he wanted to have fun with them.
- Ship Tease: There's a Lady and the Tramp spaghetti kiss between Dickie Sugarjumper and the background character, Laura Owl.
- Shout-Out: This episode's title and plot was a reference to Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Spaghetti Kiss: Dickie and Laura share one in Cafe Mildew.