When Jake gets punished for littering in the hallways, and Adam is punished for defending him, they're both sentenced to community services as being hall monitors for the week.
- Absentee Actor: Slips, Windsor, Lupe, and Ingrid.
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: The Spiffies run the student court, and they have the right to choose their own punishments for rule breakers, and the power to sentence them to as much as a week of community service. Also, Henry's news channel can spread lies to a widely believing audience, just like a real news channel.
- Call-Back: Jake takes out a glass doorknob from "Shiny Thing".
- Dirty Cop: The Hall Monitors are driven by bribery, which determines, how much monitoring a certain room will get, or which rule breakers will get off the hook.
- Food as Bribe: Although money is accepted, the hall monitors are bribed mostly by animal food, namely Dirtnuts.
- I Warned You: A comedic subversion of "Don't say I didn't warn you." happened.Jake: Don't say I didn't warn you.Adam: But you didn't warn me!Jake: I told you not to say that!
- Misplaced Retribution: Adam tries bribing the Dirtnut delivery man with actual money so that he can't deliver the bribe food to the hall monitors. Henry catches this on camera and makes an out of context news report about it, getting Adam blamed for everything the hall monitors did.
- Planet of Steves: The two hall monitors, whose names were mentioned were Larry Monitor Lizard and Larry Grizzly. It's likely that the other two hall monitors, even the female, are also named Larry.
- Pun-Based Title: The title of this episode is a pun on Law & Order. note