20, 000 Leagues Under the Fur is the seventh Moshi Monsters mission. It may be the grossest yet if you're squeamish about body stuff, but don't worry—you're rewarded with a Ridiculously Cute Critter at the end.
It begins at the volcano. All the computers are glitching out, Elder Furi's staff is on the floor and there's no one around. When your monster cannot find Elder Furi, it decides to investigate. Click the staff to pick it up. Then, click on the computer to fill in a password. Click on the lock, then answer what family Shishi is in (Beasties), which island you can visit in mission two (Tiny Tiki Tropic), which shop is not located at the port (Bizarre Bazaar), and what the name of the joke-loving cloud who cleaned goo off your plane is called (Nimbus). Then, click the return button, and click the colours to fill in the password. Then, a key hole appears in the floor. Open your inventory (the blue bag on the right) and use the staff to open it, then get in.
You're taken to a room where Elder Furi is lying on something and Tamara Tesla is nearby. Click on her. She's been expecting you and tells you that he's sick with a disease called Glumps and you have to go inside him with a microscopic-strength shrinking potion. She says that, once shrunk, you can go into Elder Furi and cure him with her craft called R.O.S.S. When your monster asks for the ingredients for the potion, Tamara says that she needs a minime stone, some fur from Elder Furi and a Tiki feather. She asks for the staff so that she can extract the feather, which is delicate, and to speak to her once you find the ingredients. The minime stone is in the bottom right corner, you can get the hair from Elder Furi's beard, then give Tamara the staff and she'll pass you the feather. Then, talk to Tamara, who sends you to the Woodland Hideout to get more ingredients and make the potion.
Click the open book on the desk. There are pieces of paper added to the diary, which now reads, "Dear Diary, ! Attention Supermoshis! you will see that I have tweaked the ingredients of the Make-All-Smaller Potion. It now has microscopic strength. Good Luck! ——Tamara Tesla. Make-All-Smallest Potion. * ADD THE FOLLOWING TO A CAULDRON. 1x Tiki Feather. 1x Mini Me Stone. 1x Lock of Elder Furi's Hair. 2x Drops Troll Snot. 3x Batty Bat Droppings. BOIL THE POTION! Close, then click the glowing bottle of troll snot, the bat and its droppings, the candle, and the log. Then, use the candle and the log to light the fire. (Note: If you click the evil to-do list, it now reads "Steal Goo Goo's voice (it's so annoying) Hypnotise Moshiversity Students, Poison Elder Furi, Ruin Halloween... HA! HA!, Curl moustache). Then, click the empty bottle and drag it onto the potion. Click the door to leave.
Back at the lair, give the potion to Tamara. Then, click on R.O.S.S. You get shrunk.
Inside Elder Furi, you use the mouse to avoid "snot goblins". You enter Elder Furi's brain.
In the brain, there are lights, Glumps,paper and goo scattered about. Click on the drawers and your monster reveals they're for fear, doubt, and intel and one is locked. One of the pictures depicts a secret weapon. Put it in the red fear drawer. (It's in your inventory). One picture is of Strangeglove being scared of Musky Huskies. You put that in the yellow intel drawer. Click on a picture of Simon Growl surrounded by question marks and put it in the purple doubt drawer. This unlocks the locked drawer. Click it. Inside is a giant toothbrush, which you can use to clean off the Glumps. Then, click the spaceship and collect Glumps but avoid Snot Goblins. Then, you go back out of the nose.
You're asleep in the volcano and Elder Furi wakes you up, having recovered. He tells you to be alert and gives you a Sparkly Sweetheart named Tiamo.
This mission provides examples of
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Pirate Pong, with his eyepatch, and you, with your Super Moshi uniform.
- Alliterative Name: Tamara Tesla.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Not seen, but Nimbus the cloud is mentioned.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Elder Furi with his cloak but no shoes.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Elder Furi has drawers, a toothbrush, a sign,* and files in his physical brain. He also has snot goblins in his nose.
- Blue Is Heroic: Your Super Moshi wears a blue utility belt.
- Call-Back: The potion mentioned in "Missing Moshling Egg" gets tweaked and used, and references to "Strangeglove From Above" and "Voyage Under Potion Ocean" get used to hack into the computer.
- Continuity Nod: The evil to-do list lists stealing a voice (done in "Pop Goes the Boo Boo") and hypnotising Moshiversity students (done in "Super Moshiversity Challenge")
- Dressed to Plunder: Pirate Pong is briefly seen, with his eyepatch.
- Evil Plan: Previous evil plans (like stealing Baby Rox's voice and hypnotizing students) are mentioned, along with an upcoming one (ruining Halloween).
- Extra Eyes: Snot Goblins, and Squiff the Glump, have three eyes.
- Eye of Newt: The ingredients are a gem, a feather, bat droppings, hair and troll snot.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: The mission focuses on going inside Elder Furi.
- Fun with Acronyms: There's C.L.O.N.C. (Criminal League Of Naughty Critters) and R.O.S.S. (Robotic Operations Subdermal Submarine).
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Tamara wears her labcoat and shirt, but no pants.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: Exaggerated. You and some Glumps shrink to microscopic size.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Tamara wears a labcoat, she's a scientist, and she's helping to cure Elder Furi.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Most of the things listed on the evil to-do list are evil deeds, but the last is "curl moustache".
- Mass Hypnosis: Referenced when it's an item on the evil to-do list.
- Meaningful Name: Elder Furi, the elderly Furi. Also Nimbus the cloud is mentioned, but not seen.
- Mister Strangenoun: Elder Furi, Strangeglove and Simon Growl are mentioned.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Tamara shares a last name with Nikola Tesla.
- Nose Nuggets: Snot Goblins and troll snot are mentioned.
- Red Is Heroic: Your Super Moshi wears a red cape and mask.
- Shout-Out: The title is a shout-out to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Science Hero: Tamara Tesla invents R.O.S.S. and the microscopic shrinking potion to help save the day.
- Sick Episode: Elder Furi gets the disease glumps.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: Your Super Moshi wears a red cape.
- Toilet Humour: Toll snot and bat droppings are ingredients, and Snot Goblins are mentioned.
- Volcano Lair: This mission takes place inside the Super Moshi HQ, which is situated in a volcano. In fact, even when you're inside Elder Furi you're technically in the Volcano, because he's in the Volcano.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Strangeglove's fear of Musky Huskies is mentioned.