Super Weapon Showdown is the tenth Moshi Monsters mission and the final mission of Season One.
It begins at the volcano, and Tamara Tesla is there, telling you that Elder Furi is missing. You wonder if it has something to do with C.L.O.N.C.'s Super Weapon and ask if she has any clues as to where he is. She replies that Dr Strangeglove's glove has been running around Monstro City and that it was sighted at Oh La Lane. You promise to go there and she tells you to stay vigilant as the Super Weapon launch draws near. You promise to thwart C.L.O.N.C. and then leave.
At Ooh La Lane, it is snowing and the light is dim. If you scroll, you will find Cherry Bomb standing on the ground and the glove at the top of the fence. Find an old arcade game, a tyre and a box of rubbish, then drag them onto the ground between Cherry and the glove in that order (from your inventory, the blue bag on the far right). Cherry Bomb climbs up.
A few hours later, you're at the Fiery Castle, having been led by the glove. Click on the intimidating statue. He thinks you're annoying and plans to sound an alarm. You decide to trick him by pretending to be evil. Click on any of the excuses, he'll buy any of them. He says that he'd hate to let you in, because he's the Hatekeeper and he doesn't recognise you. He then asks you who the best-est one-gloved evil-doer in Monstro City is. Tell him it's Dr. Strangeglove. He asks what you'd do if you found a snowy moshling on Mount Sillimanjaro. Say, "Kick it down Mount Sillimanjaro" (of course, you wouldn't really do that, but what's he to know?). He asks who he dislikes the most and reply that it's Elder Furi's gatekeeper. Then, he lets you in.
Inside the castle, lava is leaking, a Jolly Tubthumper (who actually looks sad) is drumming, and glumps are mining for Rox. Click on places to sneak in without being seen by the eye-cam. If you get seen, you'll have to start again.
The stairs lead to a room where Moshlings are being turned into Glumps, and two robots, Sprockett and Hubbs, are arguing over the machine. Sprockett wants a maintenance robot, which gives your monster the idea to dress up as one. Look for parts from the rubbish pile. Collect an antenna, some plastic tubing that resembles arms, and a pen, then open your inventory and use them to draw on a cardboard box. Then, click the box, put it on, and disguise yourself as a robot. Scroll right and talk to Sprockett and Hubbs. Tell them that you're a Boxomatic 2.5 Deluxe, the latest model. They think your face looks weird, so you tell them that it was made from "cardboardinium" and prototype all-seeing secret ink at the last minute. They then tell you to fix the Glump-a-tron's fuses. Click the fuse box (it has a lightning bolt on it) and click to unscrew the screws. Then, use the mouse to move the tech and get the fuse out before the time runs out. Now, the machine turns Glumps back into Moshlings. Open your inventory and use the pen on the blueprints. They originally say, "Sun Smasher 9000, Turbo rocket booster, Liquid Rox powered core, Rock Hard PVC, Doom Fist, Navigation system, Rugged rudder", but you use the mouse to rub it all out and rewrite it as "Unscrew Turbo rocket booster, Liquid socks powered core, Jelly filling, Fist of fun, Rubber Chicken, Cardboard Rudder" and draw a silly face on the C.L.O.N.C. logo. Then, click the door to leave.
Inside, Dr Strangeglove has Elder Furi and boasts that Monstro City will belong to C.L.O.N.C. Simon Growl is having second thoughts. Then, you arrive, but Strangeglove recognizes you. You demand that Strangeglove release Elder Furi, but he fires Glumps and bombs at you. Use your mouse to avoid the bombs but deflect the Glumps. Then, Elder Furi escapes. He thanks you and says he's fine and you tell him about sabotaging the machine. Strangeglove and Elder Furi start arguing, with the latter calling the former "Lavender Troggs". Elder Furi has you leave. Meanwhile, they argue, and reveal that Strangeglove used to be nice when he was in Supermoshiversity but has since turned evil, despite evil never winning. They launch the weapon.
Back in the Glumpatron room, all the Glumps are turning back into Moshlings. Leave in the left door.
In the previous room, click the Tubthumper. He says that he was forced to drum for the miners, and you take him with you to escape. Climb the stairs on the left.
Back in the castle, the weapon gets launched, but it crashes and bonks both a UFO and the castle, which breaks and so C.L.O.N.C. evacuate.
Outside the castle, you admit to the Hatekeeper that you're a Super Moshi, then you adopt the Jolly Tubthumper, whose name is Wallop, and head off to the volcano despite neither of you knowing if Elder Furi's all right.
Tell Tamara about what happened, and she's not seen Elder Furi, but when you click on the stairs in the Volcano, a large stone which grants Rox is seen. Then, you get congratulated and the Super Moshi March plays.
This mission provides examples of
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: The Super Moshi wears its cape, belt and mask, Sweet Tooth (who wears only boots) is briefly seen, as is Captain Buck, who wears only his hat and eyepatch.
- Ambiguous Gender: Downplayed for Strangeglove's boss. We don't know their gender for certain, but they have a deep voice like a man.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Wallop the talking drum and the Hatkeeper, the talking (but limited when it comes to moving) statue feature. Also Gabby the walking, talking cell phone is briefly seen, as are several other object moshlings.
- Bad People Abuse Animals: In this mission, C.L.O.N.C. Glump moshlings, enslave other moshlings, and mention that they'd kick snowy moshlings down Sillimanjaro.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Elder Furi doesn't wear shoes.
- Bittersweet Ending: You save the day but don't know the fate of Elder Furi.
- Blue Is Heroic: Zigzagged. Your Super Moshi wears a blue utility belt, but Sweet Tooth's boots are also blue and Sweet Tooth is evil.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Strangeglove and the Hatekeeper both self-identify as evil.
- Cartoon Creature: Simon Growl, Tamara Tesla, Sweet Tooth, Dr Strangeglove and his boss are all seen. Their species is hard to pin down.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Wallop has the odd habit of bashing himself in the face with drumsticks.
- Dark Is Evil: The Fiery Castle and its guard look very ominous.
- Distressed Dude: Elder Furi and Wallop were both put in danger in this mission.
- The Ditz: Sprockett and Hubbs are too thick-witted to see past your disguise.
- Do Not Call Me "Paul": Dr Strangeglove does not want to be called Lavender.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: One of the parts of the weapon is the "doom fist".
- Dressed to Plunder: For a brief moment, Captain Buck is seen, wearing his pirate hat and eyepatch.
- Evil Is Burning Hot: Played straight for the fiery castle, which is a C.L.O.N.C. base surrounded by flame spurts and lava, and inverted for the Super Moshis, who have a Volcano Lair as their base.
- Evil Laugh: Strangeglove does a few evil laughs during this mission, particularly when he's feeling vain.
- Evil Plan: C.L.O.N.C. made the super weapon as a plan to smash the sun and darken the world and then lead the world in darkness (or something like that). However, it was foiled when your monster drew on the blueprints.
- FaceHeel Turn: Apparently, Strangeglove used to be good but he turned evil.
- The Faceless: We don't see Strangeglove's boss's face.
- The Face of the Sun: The sun is shown to have a face.
- Fictional Holiday: One of the excuses is that it's "Dress Like a Super Moshi Day".
- Flying Saucer: At the end, one is briefly seen being knocked out of the sky.
- Four-Fingered Hands: Both Elder Furi and Dr Strangeglove have four fingers instead of five.
- Fully Dressed Cartoon Animal: Simon Growl and Dr Strangeglove are seen, both wearing full sets of clothes.
- Fun with Acronyms: The Criminal League Of Naughty Critters, or C.L.O.N.C., feature again.
- Good Is Boring: This is the attitude of Strangeglove, who says that Elder Furi is boring, however, he is in the wrong.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Tamara doesn't wear pants.
- Implied Death Threat: When the Hatekeeper finds out you're a super moshi, he says, "Curse my foundations! If I had legs...."
- In a Single Bound: According to the song that plays at the end, Super Moshis can jump high enough to leap Sillimanjaro.
- Labcoat of Science and Medicine: Tamara, a scientist, wears a lab coat.
- Meaningful Name:
- Elder Furi the elderly Furi.
- Cherry Bomb, the exploding cherry-shaped creature.
- Wallop, the drum.
- Sprockett and Hubbs, the robots.
- The Hatekeeper is the keeper of a castle and he's very negative.
- Mister Strangenoun:
- Simon Growl has Growl as a surname.
- Wallop's name is a word.
- The Hatekeeper has both "hate" and "keeper" in his name.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: The evil doctor, Dr Strangeglove, features.
- The Nameless: Dr Strangeglove's boss is seen, but his/her name is not revealed.
- Not: You tell the Hatekeeper, "I'm sure to get up to lots more evil (not)".
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: This mission uses "cardboardinium", "boxomatic" and "de-Glump".
- Pet the Dog: In addition to saving the world, you also de-Glump a lot of Moshlings (turn Glumps back into Moshlings).
- Red Is Heroic: Your Super Moshi wears a red cape and mask.
- Rewarding Vandalism: You have to vandalize the blueprints to save the day.
- Robot: Sprockett and Hubbs are both robots.
- Scatting: The Super Moshi March song has the lyric "Nya na na na na oop doopy doo".
- Servant Race: Glumps are seen being made and serving C.L.O.N.C., although they turn back into Moshlings.
- Shapeshifting: The Morph Stone is mentioned, and Moshlings turn into Glumps and back.
- Spell My Name with a "The": The Fiery Castle is guarded by The Hatekeeper.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: The Super Moshis all wear capes and it's referenced in the song.
- Super Speed: Apparently, Super Moshis can run faster even than Wheelie Yumyums, who are extremely fast.
- Uncertain Doom: It is unknown if Elder Furi survived the destruction of the Fiery Castle. Later subverted, when he comes back in "Welcome to Jollywood".
- Volcano Lair: The Super Moshi HQ is inside a volcano.
- Weird Sun: The sun has a face, can sweat and is surrounded by compass symbols.
- White Gloves: Downplayed for Dr Strangeglove, who has a white glove on his one working hand.
- Winged Unicorn: Sky Ponies are mentioned in the song.