Missing Moshling Egg is the first official Moshi Monsters mission.It is the only mission that Super Moshis who don't have a paid membership can do.
Remember: This is a Recap page, so spoilers.
Tip: Whenever a speech bubble happens, read it, then click "OK".
The mission begins with Elder Furi telling your monster that they're about to embark on their first exciting mission.He then lets you know that an important task for you is collecting EPICS. Click OK again.He says, "Here is one to get you started!".
Clicking "OK" takes you to the inside of the Volcano, where an emblem with the Super Moshi Logo is in between your monster and Elder Furi. Click on it to collect it.Elder Furi says that if you collect all three EPICS, you'll get a prize. He then states that it looks like you are ready for your first mission. He then states that Buster Bumblechops has reported a burglary at his incubation station.He finally tells you to investigate this recruit, wishes you luck, and tells you to remain vigilant.
Clicking "OK" takes you to Buster Bumblechops's house.He introduces himself and states that he's a famous Moshling collector.He then tells you that he needs help, that one of his eggs was stolen, and asks you to help find it.To help Buster find the egg, click on "All in a day's work for a Super Moshi!".Buster then tells you to look for clues and states that a rock wasn't there before.If you click on the wardrobe, your monster will say that it's locked and we need a key.If you click on the Incubator, your monster will note there's a strange branch there.If you click on the pulley, your monster will say that a cog is missing.If you click on the cupboard, an EPICS will fall out and Buster will praise your searching skills. Collect the EPICS.Clicking on Buster will have him say that the person left footprints and ask for his magnifying glass.Click on the magnifying glass on the cupboard, the keys on the door, the rock on the floor, and the branch. The rock, keys and the magnifying glass will go into your blue bag in the corner, but not the branch as your Super Moshi believes it to be too high to reach.Click on the bag and drag items onto Buster to give them to him.Giving him the keys has him tell you that they're for unlocking things.Giving him the rock has him tell you that it's from Raggedy Rock. Giving him the magnifying glass has him recognise the footprints but then note that they can't be from who he recognised them as.If you drag the keys onto the wardrobe, it will unlock. Click on it and collect a spare cog.It will now be in your bag. Drag it onto the crank, then click the crank to lower the incubator.Once the incubator is lowered, click the word "Off" on the top to turn the heat lamps off. Then click the branch to put it in your bag.Open your bag and give the branch to Buster.He tells you that it grows in wooded areas.Click on the torn cloth that's snagged on the broken window, open your bag and give it to Buster.He tells you that it is woven from spider silk.Then, via a popup, Buster tells you that all the clues point to the Wobbly Woods.Click on "GO!".
At Wobbly Woods, a voice gets your attention.Scroll until you get to a tree with a face. Click the tree.Note that an EPICS can be seen on the ground. Click it.He states that he knows where the egg thief is hiding in the woods and will tell you if you give him some water.You will find water in the pond but do not know how to carry it.You then click on a bucket hanging from a tree, and an Owl of Wiseness states that if you get them a book, they will give you their bucket.Click on a pile of books nearby, then on the bag and hand them to the owl. The owl will tell you to feed Shrewman some berries.Click on everything you see that looks like berries, then open your bag and give the berries to the eyes under the hole marked Shrewman. However, Shrewman is a picky eater and only likes it if you put the blue and yellow berries down.He will eat them, the bucket will rise, giving the owl a book by JK Growling.Now, collect the bucket, drag it onto the pond to collect water, and give the bucket to the tree.The tree thanks you for the water, then notes that he saw a man with a strange-looking glove going deep in the woods where his secret hideout is. He then wishes you luck. Click "GO!".
You will be transported to the hideout.Clicking on the door prompts a skull to say that the door is locked but the skull knows where the tree is.Click on the skull. It will say that the key is rattling around in its head.Click the start button and then use the mouse to move the bugs and slide out the key before the time runs out. Note: If you run out of time, just click "OK" and try again.When you're back in front of the hideout, click the key, then click your bag and drag it to the door to unlock. The skull will tell you that its master will be back soon.Click on the door.
In the hideout, you will find a book. Click on it and you will find a diary entry.
This mission provides examples of
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Baby Rox wears only a bonnet, bracelet, diaper and shoes.
- Alliterative Name: Buster Bumblechops.
- Animate Inanimate Object: There's a talking skull and a talking tree.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal: Buster and Elder Furi do not wear shoes but are otherwise fully-dressed.
- Blue Is Heroic: Your Super Moshi wears a blue utility belt.
- Book Worm: The Owl of Wiseness seems to really like reading.
- Brainy Baby: Baby Rox starts singing as soon as she hatches!
- Cartoon Creature:
- Shrewman is a weasel-like animal, but his real species is unknown.
- Buster Bumblechops is a sort of vaguely humanoid doglike animal.
- Baby Rox looks like a miniature human but different.
- Dark Is Evil: The villain hangs out in the darker, spookier parts of the forest.
- Dem Bones: This mission features a talking skull.
- Does Not Like Spam: Apparently, Shrewman doesn't like red berries.
- A Dog Named "Dog": An elderly Furi named Elder Furi.
- Egg MacGuffin: The plot revolves around saving an egg.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: On one scroll in the hideout, it's written "Evil to-do". When clicked on it, it gets a to-do list, on which most items are evil deeds but the last is "call mum".
- Evil Laugh: The author of the diary and the to-do list writes evil laughter.
- Evil Plan: Apparently, the author of the diary plans to shrink Monstro City.
- Extra Eyes: One creature in the forest can be seen with several eyes.
- Eye of Newt: Troll snot and bat droppings are used in the potion.
- First-Name Basis: Buster Bumblechops likes to be called by his first name.
- Fun with Acronyms: While it's not mentioned, EPICS stands for Extraordinary Performance In Catastrophic Situations.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The villain plans to shrink all of Mosntro City.
- Invisible Parents: Baby Rox's egg is seen, but we never see the Moshling who laid the egg, nor the father Moshling.
- Last-Name Basis: The villain refers to Buster as "Bumblechops".
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The evil to-do list reads "steal egg from Bumblechops, make shrinking potion, take over Monstro City, call mum".
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: J.K. Growling is probably a parody of the Real Life writer J.K. Rowling.
- Nose Nuggets: Troll snot is mentioned.
- Picky Eater: Shrewman hates red berries so much that he doesn't eat the other berries when they're offered. He also doesn't like only one type of berry on its own.
- Pun: When you find an EPICS, Buster says your searching skills are "epic".
- Red Is Heroic: The Super Moshi's capes and masks are red.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: The Super Moshis wear their red capes as usual.
- Toilet Humour: Snot and poop are used in the potion.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Apparently, Shrewman has a specific favourite food: blue berries served with yellow berries.
- Volcano Lair: You start off the mission in the Volcano, which is where the Super Moshi HQ is.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Baby Rox's hair is pink.