Genki, Holly, Suezo, Mocchi and Golem make their way through the forest, and encounter Allan and his giant Worm. Allan constantly abuses his monster, forcing it to steal from others and work hard for him, lashing out with a whip to make it obey.
A group of Weeds calling themselves the Seed Sisters approach Allan, offering to make a deal: if he helps them catch the Searchers, they'll put in a good word for him with Moo. Allan agrees, setting a trap for the Searchers. While he's busy gloating about how he's joining the winning side, the Weeds betray him. After all, what use would Moo have for human followers? They then offer Worm a chance for revenge; instead, Worm deliberately misses with his attack, cutting their bonds. The furious Seed Sisters drain his life dry. Realizing the error of his ways, Allan helps defeat the rest of the Weeds, then remains behind, determined to make a fresh start.
This episode contains examples of:
- The Atoner: Allan by the ending.
- Berserker Tears: After Worm's death, Genki has tears in his eyes as he attacks the Seed Sisters in a complete rage.
- Bullet Seed: One of the Seed Sisters' signature attacks.
- Disaster Dominoes: The Seed Sisters' plan to put all the Searchers to sleep and steal the Disc fails when they drop Mocchi onto Genki. Genki's pained flailing causes him to slam his head into Golem's chin, and wakes up everyone else.
- The Dog Bites Back: After betraying Allan, the Weeds offer Worm a chance to get revenge on his abusive master. However, it refuses, leading to its own demise.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: The youngest Seed Sister gets crushed by a rock during their initial fight with the Searchers. Her siblings are completely horrified and vow revenge.
- Foreshadowing: Holly wonders why the Magic Stone led them to Golem's castle when there weren't any Mystery Discs to be found there, only all of those lost discs.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: Allan has Tsurime Eyes with very small pupils, compared to Genki and Holly's rounder and wider eyes.
- Groin Attack: One of the Seed Sisters accidentally drops a sleeping Mocchi onto Genki, leading to him landing on Genki's head... and crotch.
- Heel Realization: Worm's Heroic Sacrifice leads to Allan's HeelFace Turn.
- I Fight for the Strongest Side: Allan wants to join up with Moo because he believes that he'll win the war.
- Jerkass: Allan.
- Kick the Dog: The majority of Allan's behavior towards Worm is just horrid. For instance, after Worm brings him some fruit, he complains about the quality and throws it at him.
- Life Drain: The Seed Sisters kill Worm by slowly stealing his energy, giving Allan plenty of time to realize what's going on while helpless to do anything about it.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Allan's reaction after seeing how Worm sacrifices himself to save him even after all the abuse he put him through.
- My Greatest Second Chance: The Mystery Disc that Holly and the others find turns out to have a Worm inside. They give the newborn monster to Allan so that he has a chance to do things right this time around.
- The Quisling: Allan tries to join up with Moo, only for the Seed Sisters to offer him a traitor's reward.
- Really Dead Montage: As Worm's sacrifice sinks in, Allan flashes back to happier times.
- Sacrificial Lamb: Worm becomes the first sympathetic monster to get killed off.
- Sniff Sniff Nom: Suezo verifies that the Mystery Disc Allan's presenting them with is real by licking it.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: The Seed Sisters wear lipstick.
- Undying Loyalty: Even after everything Allan put him through, Worm still refuses to turn on him.
- Wham Line: The entire tone of the episode changes with this line.Eldest Seed Sister: Now, Worm, you have to decide. Allegiance to the friends of Moo... or to the cruel person who beats you?
- What Beautiful Eyes!: When Suezo wonders why Golem decided to join them after rejecting his initial invitation, Golem simply replies "Eyes. [Genki] has clear eyes." (Suezo winds up taking offense to this.)
- Whip It Good: Allan's Weapon of Choice, against his enemies and his own monster.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Part of Allan's ploy to lure Holly, Suezo and Golem off their guard is by feigning injury, claiming his monster turned on him.