Milo and Zack try to help Melissa overcome her secret fear of roller coasters.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: Apparently, Milo has been struck by lightning twice. "Both times on my birthday!"
- Absurd Phobia: Despite her embarrassment, Zack lampshades the fact that Melissa's fear of rollercoasters is pretty normal. In contrast, he freaks out around fish and Milo is afraid of Chinese finger traps (though he gets over it once Melissa shows him how they work). Of course, the reason why Melissa is afraid of rollercoasters is pretty absurd.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: As examples of what can happen to the pistachio stand, Dakota and Cavendish bring up a pig, fire and a pig on fire.
- Call-Back: Melissa's fear of roller coasters stems from the one from the first episode of Phineas and Ferb nearly crushing her.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Dakota and Cavendish's worries about a pig on fire destroying the pistachio stand turn out to be well-founded after all.
- Didn't Think This Through: Melissa doesn't realize until she gets on the coaster how going with Milo is a bad idea.
- Not Quite Saved Enough: Dakota and Cavendish actually do a reasonably good work protecting the pistachio stand this time. Unfortunately, they remove their dome too soon and the flaming pig returns.
- Oh, Crap!: Melissa's reaction when she realizes that she's on a roller coaster with Milo.
- Running Gag: Dakota playing different musical instruments.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: When Melissa points out that she and Zack are about to go on a rollercoaster with Milo, he immediately gets off, but she isn't able to.
- Series Continuity Error: The fragment of the rollercoaster that fell in Melissa's yard is undoubtedly from the same one Phineas and Ferb built, but in the flashback, it's shown falling by detaching from the magnet from being too heavy, whereas in the Phineas and Ferb episode Rollercoaster, it fell because Perry cut the cable holding the magnet. It's quite possible, though that this might be what Melissa thinks happened as she didn't see it herself.
- Shared Universe: Melissa is afraid of roller coasters because a certain other coaster fell out of the sky and crushed her science project.
- Tempting Fate:
- When Melissa tells her friends about the falling rollercoaster, they say it's one of those things that don't happen more than once. This doubles as Dramatic Irony, as Phineas and Ferb fans know it did happen twice.
- After Dakota and Cavendish's dome protects the pistachio stand from a flaming pig, they think it's safe to remove it. The pig returns.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Melissa asks that out of nervousness while she's on a rollercoaster with Milo. Not five seconds pass before she gets her answer.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Melissa is afraid of roller coasters, Milo is afraid of Chinese finger traps, and Zack is afraid of fish.