Frank Black finds himself suffering from amnesia after taking part in a nightmarish drug trial. Fearing that someone may have died as a result, Black attempts to track down the doctor responsible.
- Adult Fear: Dr. Miller tells Black that he had been working on drugs to cure his own visions, which he believes are similar to Black's. One night, years earlier, Miller's left him after he ran into the road amidst oncoming traffic, almost killing himself in a hallucinatory state. He's glad he didn't drag his daughter with him, but fears she might inherit his condition. Frank and Catherine fears the same thing.
- All Women Are Lustful: In the medical clinic, a woman appears to be aroused and striping off her closes.
- Evil Counterpart: Anti-Proloft
- Evil-Detecting Dog: The episode begins with a stray dog scratching on the door of the medical clinic, where people are screaming, panicking and self-mutilating.
- Eye Scream: A guy in the medical clinic blinded himself by gouging his own eyes. Though some of the other patients believe they were just seeing things.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Noodle Incident: One of the patients claimed she's seen worse in New Orleans, "some kind of anti-Alzheimer concoction" that made people "crazy-corn for a whole week afterwards".
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Dr. Hans Ingram (the Villain of the Week) believes that the country's dependence on antidepressants has created a nation of "zombies", and he is attempting to "wake them up" with violent hallucinogens.