A fun-filled day at the park nearly turns to tragedy, when a runaway baby carriage speeds off alone the hilly sidewalks and open lawn with nobody able to stop it! In an effort to save the baby Jacob, Kim, Billy, and Tommy give chase, and encounter three teen pals from Stone Canyon high school (Rocky, Aisha, and Adam), trying to do the same. Their combined efforts succeed, and a new friendship is formed between the two groups. The three new teens take part in and win, the Ninja Championship tournament at the Youth Center, beating out a trio of bullies. Lord Zedd, having been eyeing the bullies to become his own evil warriors, now turns his attention to Rocky, Adam, and Aisha! Meanwhile, Bulk & Skull become unwitting babysitters for Jacob!
- Apathetic Citizens: An elder couple doesn't even look around them when the teens jump around them in pursuit of Jacob.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: The black ninja team.
- Bystander Syndrome: A baby's in trouble, his dad is calling for help—and no one except the heroes (and Bulk and Skull) do anything to help.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The black ninjas get on Mr. Anderson's case for accidentally bumping the baby carriage into their bikes and clearly intend to start a fight.
- Foreshadowing: When we're introduced to Adam, Rocky and Aisha, both in the rollerblading scene and the ninja competition, we see them as three friends who hang out together, who can pull off wire-fu jumps and Ranger-esque fighting moves, and who dress in the colors of the three Out of Focus Power Rangers. Where could this possibly be headed?
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: The Stone Canyon ninjas dress in white, while the rival team is dressed in black.
- Hate Sink: The rival ninjas are 100% nasty who only exist for the new trio to beat down. Zedd himself stated that they had qualities to become evil warriors but their loss disillusioned their capabilities in his, well, visor. Instead, he decides to go the brainwashing tactic with Adam, Aisha, and Rocky.
- Out of Focus: This begins the episodes where Jason, Trini, and Zack are Demoted to Extra, after their actors left the show. Thus, the use of stock footagenote to convince the viewers the characters are still present until they could be Put on a Bus.
- Never My Fault: The black ninja team was just as guilty for making Mr. Anderson back into his son's carriage, but when they see this, they back away and are later seen, via Zedd's visor, casually chatting about the competition.
- Pet the Dog: For Bulk and Skull when a baby carriage goes careening out of control and the two make a sincere and honest effort to save the baby inside. Later on, they can be seen sitting with the baby and his father during a martial arts competition and even hold him. They even look after him after Goldar kidnapped Mr. Anderson and the three ninjas.Alpha 5: Jacob is safe for the time being. I think.
- The Reveal: Rocky, Aisha, and Adam are the Ninja Champions.
- Terrible Trio: The black ninjas.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: While Bulk and Skull are always jerks, they started mocking Kim, Billy, Tommy, Rocky, Aisha, and Adam for no apparent reason except that they beat them in saving Jacob.Guys: Bye Mr. Anderson!
Bulk: "Bye Mr. Anderson!"
Skull: Yeah, "bye Mr. Anderson!"
Tommy: Are you got here to see the ninja competition?
Adam: Yes, I guess you can say that.
Bulk: "Yes, I guess you can say that."
[The two group say bye to each other, while Bulk and Skull continue to mock them]