Col. Potter's remedy for a tense camp is a screening of My Darling Clementine. Naturally, things don't quite go as planned, forcing everyone to make up their own fun.
Attention, all personnel! See below for the examples you can expect to see at tonight's movie:
- Artistic License History: The John Wayne quote Radar uses is from Mclintock, which wouldn't be released until 1963 - ten years after the Korean War ended.
- Brick Joke: Hawkeye claims that one of the cowboys during the opening scenes of the film is using Margaret's whip.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: When the camp starts taking fake shots at each other as if part of the movie's gunfight, even Margaret and Frank join in - Margaret even being one of the first to grab an invisible gun and start firing rounds.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Col. Potter states that My Darling Clementine has the three things that make a movie great: Horses, cowboys, and horses.
- Late to the Punchline: Frank doesn't come up with lyrics for his round of "I'm Sick of the Army" until several minutes after the song is over. What makes it even more awkward for him is that it wasn't even related to the song, and is more a very thinly-veiled threat towards Hawkeye and B.J. His verse rapidly peters out when he sees that no one is laughing.
- MST: The characters throw out a few riffs during the movie.
- The Neidermeyer: Frank and Margaret are in fine form with this in the beginning of the episode, when both of them yell at Klinger to not talk back to them just because they're officers when they're continually walking on the floor he's attempting to mop, both of them making the situation worse by repeatedly yelling at him to keep mopping.
- Produce Pelting: The moviegoers throw their popcorn and snacks at Margaret when she won't stop singing after the movie comes back on. She finishes anyway.
- Shout-Out: Radar impersonates John Wayne and Jack Benny with Klinger joining as Rochester and Father Mulcahy as Dennis Day for the latter.
- Whip It Good: Margaret pulls a whip out of her closet and threatens Frank with it if he doesn't leave her tent.