Cho, the 4077th's ping pong champ, announces that he is engaged, and the doctors rally behind him to help the nuptials along. There's a slight snag when Cho disappears in Seoul while buying his bride's engagement ring.
Attention, all personnel! The following tropes are volleyed in this episode:
- The Ace: Cho Lin is the camp's best ping pong player.
- Grey and Grey Morality: While the war is still going on we see that South Korea is in some areas just as bad as the North Koreans when a pair of South Korean MPs quite literally kidnap Cho Lin off the street and say he's "drafted."
- Conscription: Cho Lin almost misses his wedding because while he was in Seoul getting the ring a pair of South Korean MPs quite literally kidnap him off the street, say he's drafted, and train him for an hour before sending him to the front.
- Indy Ploy: Hawkeye admits that his idea to have Col. Potter give the bride away at the wedding was spur of the moment.
- It's All About Me: Even after his ineptitude caused several young men to be wounded or killed, Col. Beckett still wants Col. Potter to send him back to the front lines to finish getting his infantry badge. Potter shuts him down.
- Jerkass: Frank is in his usual form as he laughs at Hawkeye and B.J. while thinking that Cho Lin stole the money they loaned him and ran off despite his fiancee, Soony, being reduced to tears over his being missing for two days.
- Mister Exposition: Father Mulcahy explains each step of the Buddhist marriage ceremony during the wedding.
- Reason Before Honor: Col. Potter refuses to send his long-time friend back to the front lines so he can bolster his career before retirement for the sake of all those who got seriously wounded due to his inept command.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Hawkeye explains to Cho Lin what happened to Ho Jon after season 1: He was drafted into the South Korean army.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Frank gets chewed out for betting against the 4077 during the ping pong tournament.