A vintage Colt revolver is stolen from the camp's gun locker and Radar is accused as the thief.
Attention, all personnel! Cpl. O'Reilly has been charged with the following tropes:
- Agony of the Feet: Frank accidentally shoots his own foot trying to return the stolen gun.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Radar, drowning his sorrows over his potential confinement and already drunk after one beer, decides to go to Post-OP and confront Col. Chaffey along with his teddy bear.Col. Chaffey: Corporal, you're drunk!Radar (imitating John Wayne, pointing his bear at the colonel): You better believe it, mister, or I'm dead where you stand!(gunshot is heard from outside)Radar: My bear went off!
- Ask a Stupid Question...: Almost word for word:B.J.: I'm sick of this powdered stuff. Colonel, couldn't we once have fresh eggs?Col. Potter: Only if you can lay 'em.B.J.: Ask a foolish question...
- Calling the Old Man Out: Radar calls out Col. Chaffey for having such a rare gun on him in combat in the first place.
- Correlation/Causation Gag: A drunken Radar aims his teddy bear at the colonel just as Frank accidentally shoots himself offscreen, causing Radar to remark that "My bear went off!" (Currently the page quote)
- Depending on the Writer: Even though it involves guns, Frank helping Radar with storing the wounded's firearms (or with anything for that matter) is something only seen in this episode.
- A Father to His Men: Col. Chaffey is quick to ask about the condition of the men he was with.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Indeed, Frank is a colossal jerk for lying about stealing the gun and perfectly willing to let Radar take the fall, but even Hawk and Beej admit he has a point when he tells them that people are innocent until proven guilty and that they aren't giving him the courtesy.Hawkeye: Don't you hate it when he's right?
- Reckless Gun Usage: In what's becoming a Running Gag for Frank, he ends up being very reckless with a gun. Only this time instead of nearly botching a hostage exchange or shooting B.J. in the leg, he shoots himself in the foot.
- Rummage Fail: A variation: after seeing Col. Chaffey off, Radar admits that his vision is all blurry due to his hangovernote ... prompting Potter to admit having the same problem despite not drinking the night before. As it happens, they were wearing each other's glasses.
- Spoof Aesop: After stealing a colonel's antique gun, framing Radar and then shooting himself in the foot trying to return it, what is the big lesson Frank learns from all this?Frank: When you steal something, don't ever try to return it.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Upon figuring out Frank stole the gun, Margaret proceeds to chastise him for his actions while attempting to treat his gunshot wound.